Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at your net spend v ours over the last 5 years. You spent more than double what we did, you just didn’t spend it very well

We've spent well the past 2 or 3 years, we've just not sold well because the players from the era before that were too old or not good enough. Without looking into it, I'd assume Gross Spend would be similar, but you have sold way better than us?

My point was I've seen this game before, only in January with Chelsea. We try to get the best deal possible for us with several installments and add-ons and then a City or a Chelsea come in and offer what the selling club is actually looking for.

There was a time not long ago that our last 5 years net spend eclipsed every other club in England. We're in a different phase now though. Arsenal are still in the phase of building a squad with 2 players for most positions.
Not a chance. When we spent big (a) it wasn’t on the back of decades of continuous CL football, we had a lot more catch up needed (b) we were buying players like Yaya and David for £24m each, Sergio for £38m, not Pepe, White, Aubameyang and Lacazette for £240m

I don’t think it’ll be a bidding war, we may offer the same as you but it’ll be a bigger upfront payment and better instalments I think.

Indeed, but if we match it, you can just up it again most likely. Like I said, we don't win these transfers up against the likes of yourself and Chelsea.

Not a chance. When we spent big (a) it wasn’t on the back of decades of continuous CL football, we had a lot more catch up needed (b) we were buying players like Yaya and David for £24m each, Sergio for £38m, not Pepe, White, Aubameyang and Lacazette for £240m
How about Pep's first few seasons here? Have you forgotten all those £50m+ signings?

Piers Morgan

@piersmorgan
·
Follow
I’m not sure my spleen will survive City wrestling Rice away from us because we once again preferred pointless penny-pinching to getting crucial business done.

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein
Manchester City expected to submit an offer to West Ham for Declan Rice today. #MCFC have serious interest in recruiting 24yo England midfielder + it is anticipated a formal bid will be lodged soon to rival Arsenal for signing @TheAthleticFC #WHUFC #AFC https://theathletic.com/4631117/2023/06/22/declan-rice-transfer-arsenal-manchester-city/…
11:18 AM · Jun 22, 2023

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?re...^s1_&ref_url=&in_reply_to=1671824902062583818

Safe to say that the Hammers would slightly prefer Declan to come to City than Arsenal….

I like this one…

To see Arsenal 'Fans' implode would be glorious.

f*** off, Dec, go and win stuff. City ain't our rivals but Arsenal are. Choose wisely - as if you choose Arsenal over City, you'll leave a bitter taste in the mouths of many of those fans you professed to love just two short weeks ago - and those fans won't be as welcoming if you rock up in an Arsenal kit next season, as they will if you rock up in a Man City kit.

It's not just about you're future, it's how your past as a 'Hammer' (albeit a bit of a plastic one tbh) will be seen”
haha

I like this one from there;

Re: Declan Rice

Post by S-H » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:23 am

Arsenal vs Man City for Rice, is like a drag race between a Renault Clio (with a significant head start) and an F1 car..

Just like last season's title race I suppose..

:D

Let's not kid ourselves here - Arsenal have made some excellent signings over the past few years
Odegard and Saliba yes. Arteta tapped up a couple of City players. I reckon Arteta has a better idea of a player type to sign. Not sure they are as progressive as City in their recruitment. There’s still a Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, Pepe hangover for me before you lose the spent money poorly moniker.

Indeed, but if we match it, you can just up it again most likely. Like I said, we don't win these transfers up against the likes of yourself and Chelsea.
We could but we do t usually do that. You’ve played your hand, we have said we’ll match it but on better terms. If you up it again say £10m we may match it again but would walk away after that. We are not daft, we set a value in our heads and stick to it, we have walked away many times in the past and I’m convinced we would do again here.
It’ll come down to two factors, a) which package West Ham prefer? b) does Rice want City or Arsenal? I suspect a) is and always will be City’s as we’ll pay it all at once if we needed too and wanted him enough, b) I suspect will be about wages and probably the chances of winning trophies regularly over the term of his contract, again you’d think that’d be with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.