Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odegard and Saliba yes. Arteta tapped up a couple of City players. I reckon Arteta has a better idea of a player type to sign. Not sure they are as progressive as City in their recruitment. There’s still a Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, Pepe hangover for me before you lose the spent money poorly moniker.
Mangala? Bony? As you say, those players above weren't Arteta signings. Martinelli wasn't either but he's turned out to be fantastic value for money. Trossard at £27m is too

We've spent well the past 2 or 3 years, we've just not sold well because the players from the era before that were too old or not good enough. Without looking into it, I'd assume Gross Spend would be similar, but you have sold way better than us?

My point was I've seen this game before, only in January with Chelsea. We try to get the best deal possible for us with several installments and add-ons and then a City or a Chelsea come in and offer what the selling club is actually looking for.
Part of the swing in net spend was the near £100m you gave us last season for 2 squad players. To be fair both great characters but ultimately you bought a striker who doesn’t score prolifically and a left back who can’t really defend. However I grant you that your spending has improved significantly from when buying Aub, Lac and Pepe

I don't know if he joins us Or not. I don't know what happens yo Bernardo or Phillips as we can't keep all of them together and happy but one thing I know arsenal fans are on suicide watch and those London rags are abusing City like any thing and their meltdown stupendous

Anyone been on the Arsenal forums in the last couple of hours? How are they taking this alleged development?

fanscity.gif

if they don't get rice it makes their havertz signing look even more bizzare than it already is.

penny pinching over a couple mil for rice whilst they've just spunked 65m on havertz who you could argue they didn't even need. madness
They probably thought they had a free run at Rice. It's happened to us in the past with players, thinking we've had them in the bag, then suddenly another club pops up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.