Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangala? Bony? As you say, those players above weren't Arteta signings. Martinelli wasn't either but he's turned out to be fantastic value for money. Trossard at £27m is
Have I missed something? What have Mangala and Bony got to do with anything? If you’re looking for poor City signings there are more recent ones and nobody gets it 100% correct. The art is getting it right 8-9 times out of 10. Our record vs Arsenal over the last 10 years kinda suggests we’ve done better with our scouting. That’s why Liverpool poach our Scouts and steal our database, Southampton take our EDS director (ok that didn’t work too well for them) and Arteta has taken two of our players and is linked with others. Arsenal on the other hand have a throw enough shit at a wall approach. Some was bound to stick.

City's doing it out of spite, apparently

Arsenal fans have an almost supernatural ability to make everything about them.

This couldn't possibly be because we're losing at least one of the best midfielders on the planet, could it?

No, it's because we're petty and don't like arsenal. Obviously.

Re: Declan Rice

• Post by ironilunga » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:42 pm
    sendô wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:35 pmIsn't it amazing what happens when an adult club turns up to negotiations.
    Yep

Arsenal had a small window of opportunity before the internationals to slap in a 100mil + add ons bid and maybe get a quick deal done. They f****d it and now the grown ups have taken control.

We could but we do t usually do that. You’ve played your hand, we have said we’ll match it but on better terms. If you up it again say £10m we may match it again but would walk away after that. We are not daft, we set a value in our heads and stick to it, we have walked away many times in the past and I’m convinced we would do again here.
It’ll come down to two factors, a) which package West Ham prefer? b) does Rice want City or Arsenal? I suspect a) is and always will be City’s as we’ll pay it all at once if we needed too and wanted him enough, b) I suspect will be about wages and probably the chances of winning trophies regularly over the term of his contract, again you’d think that’d be with City.

Im not sure we played our last hand as from yesterday there's talk of a 3rd bid going in. When I meant bidding war, I meant in terms of package offered and payment terms as well to be honest, sorry i didn't make that clear. It's clear you will be able to offer more for that as we are spreading ourselves thin again trying to get multiple transfers over the line.

That’s not true, we walked away from Maguire and Sanchez due to price. If Rice is too expensive we won’t buy him.

You were competing against Utd for that. Im not sure we've managed to complete a transfer there was competition for!

Part of the swing in net spend was the near £100m you gave us last season for 2 squad players. To be fair both great characters but ultimately you bought a striker who doesn’t score prolifically and a left back who can’t really defend. However I grant you that your spending has improved significantly from when buying Aub, Lac and Pepe
Helped us move up from 5th to 2nd, so they were worth it. Ultimately I think you could be right and if we want to level up again we might need to move on from them, but I'll take improvement in steps even if it's not big strides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.