Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you waffling on about. Teams have been parking the bus against Arsenal since Wenger was manager back in the late 1990's. If the smaller teams expected to battle relegation havent been parking the bus against us for over two decades, them ive been on heroin in those twenty years.

Wasn’t too much evidence of teams parking the bus against you last season was there ?

Lucky as fuck at home to both Bournemouth and Southampton for a start

Yeah, i think the fast that our ”bid” came from Sullivan suggests that he used our name to get a deal done faster with arsenal.

I really don’t understand why we haven’t briefed our journos our version of the story.
Maybe we are happy to cause unrest by doing nothing. If it results in Arsenal paying way over the odds for a player we don’t want/ need/ rate so much the better. I’m not saying that is our intention, just that we don’t need to be involved. My guess is that we have no real interest in Rice. He would not be a starter in our best 11 and for £75M+ he would need to be. I have faith in our recruitment to get it right

If Rice does choose Arsenal over City, I'll be surprised he's even moving at all. He's on the record as saying he wants to win everything in football and he (seemingly) has the chance to join the treble winning, European Champions (feels good typing that!). But he might turn that down so he can live in London? In that case, why not stay at West Ham then? He's won a trophy with them, he's club captain and an England regular and they're in the Europa League next season, which is a step up on last season for them.

There's no guarantee Arsenal will challenge again next season, with every club in the typical top 6 looking to strengthen significantly. If Arsenal finish outside the top 4 next season it would be a bit of a disaster for them and him. There's a reason all the pundits are telling him to join City. If his heart really is set on London, he'd probably be better off staying at West Ham for another season and seeing if last season was a one off for Arsenal or they are genuine title contenders.

The glory to play in UEFA super cup, and a club World Cup.Also the best coach and manager in 2 decades, what more would any young player want. Arsenal are nowhere near city’s level. I’d question his doubts on his own ability, would it be to challenging for him in such a competitive squad where quality is relentless.
Arsenal are building a much younger dynamic team, rice will only add to it, pep maybe the best coach in the world, but a lot of players have turned him down in the past. 'Arsenal are no where near city's level', they soon will be if rice joins

So you mean to say KdB isn't objectively a better attacker than either of Xavi or Iniesta?

I'm not really someone who pulls in stats to justify my point. But might as well do that for this particular instance. Go and compare KdB's G/A with that of both Xavi and Iniesta. It's not even the G/A - it's the quality of the opponents that KdB has put up those numbers.

He doesn't play against the likes of Mallorca, Almeria, Osasuna, Gijon, Zaragoza week in week out. He bosses the games against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs, Newcastle etc.

I expect you to know better than me - since you have seen KdB's performance against your club - season in season out.
I'm all for celebrating our players and backing them to the hilt, but Xavi and Iniesta are up there as all time best midfielders. There's not many who'd fit in the all time list higher than Kevin, but those two absolutely would in any common sense debate.

Also, not all of football is stats on goals and assists. Our very own David Silva was proof of that - the assist of the assist just as important

Arsenal fell off a cliff at the end of the season, and it’s for two reasons, they got found out and Arteta didn’t have a back up plan and because it’s a squad absent of winning mentality.

All this talk of Jesus and Zinchenko strengthening arsenals will to win is nonsense imo, we’ve given you our two weak links, a striker who can’t score and a defender who can’t defend.

Zinchenko looked like he tried his hardest to ruin your season towards the end with his signature poor defensive displays.

Rice is a great signing, Havertz and Jesus aren’t goalscorers, you still need a proper striker to compete, and some better defenders.

United, Chelsea and Liverpool will all be stronger than Arsenal next season, maybe even Newcastle.

Back to the europa league you go.
Completely agree. Got top $ for two players that were never great performers and went on to do the same again at Arsenal. Both underperformed when Arsenal needed better. Not a surprise to any City fan. Rice is a good player but is not at the level we need to replace who has left. Would be a good squad player but not someone who could win us games and trophies.

Arsenal fell off a cliff at the end of the season, and it’s for two reasons, they got found out (Arteta didn’t have a back up plan) and because it’s a squad absent of winning mentality.

All this talk of Jesus and Zinchenko strengthening arsenals will to win is nonsense imo, we’ve given you our two weak links, a striker who can’t score and a defender who can’t defend.

Zinchenko looked like he tried his hardest to ruin your season towards the end with his signature poor defensive displays.

Rice is a great signing, Havertz and Jesus aren’t goalscorers, you still need a proper striker to compete, and some better defenders.

United, Chelsea and Liverpool will all be stronger than Arsenal next season, maybe even Newcastle.

Back to the europa league you go.
Great post

This might be the most terrible football twitter type opinion I have, but if he does actively choose to go to Arsenal over City because he wants to stay in London. You have to question his mentality a bit. It's arguably the safe choice because they aren't expected to win so the pressure is off him. They might pick up the fa cup but they're not challenging on all 4 fronts like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.