Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reading of the tea leaves.

City and West Ham want to slow this down. Arsenal want to rush it through. City and West Ham are winning.

Rice was set on Arsenal, but that's because there was no real secondary or serious interest.

He was on international break and now holiday, and will be happy as long as he gets a move. He hasn't listened to Pep's or City's offer yet, which could very well move the needle. He would be mad not to take the call, at the very least.

Then he's got a decision to make.
TH said Rice has already spoken to Pep a couple of days ago. If so, seems like he's taking a few days to think over his decision, which probably isn't entirely unreasonable. Hopefully he'll decide one way or the other next week so we can move on if necessary. If he decides he doesn't want to play for the champions then we'll be better off he didn't come.

Of course, joining City has it’s obvious attractions but Pep will likely leave in 2025, some of your key players are coming to the end of their shelf life and all winning teams ultimately come to the end of their reign.

I suspect this season just ended will mark the high water point of this City team’s success.
Is that your personal opinion or are you stating it as fact?

If it's merely your personal opinion, on what is it based? Guardiola starting a 2 year contract extention?

Fact City have yet to bid confirms the theory Arsenal are Rice's first choice. I think City are monitoring and if for whatever reason Arsenal cant do the deal, City will prevent themselves as an alternative. Or your interest was passive at best, and West Ham blew it up to hurry Arsenal into action.

I actually think Arsenal and West Ham are talking behind the scenes now that a 'bidding war' is out of the question. It was in West Hams interest to receive and review bids, and not reveal their hand as to encourage a 'bidding war'. However, Rice seems resolute in his desire to move to Arsenal so any notion of a 'bidding war' is dead in the water. West Ham know if they are getting 100m for Rice, they are getting it from Arsenal. So as of right now, I think both clubs are in talks about the deal to bring it to a conclusion. I dont think Arsenal will prepare a bid and sent it to West Ham to review, both clubs are negotiating terms as we speak. The next major development will not be an Arsenal bid. Rather it will be an agreement between West Ham and Arsenal.

Major coup for us if we do it. Also lays down a marker for any potential suitors in Odegaard or Saka. If we can bid 100m for Rice. We can reject 100m for Saka or Odegaard.
Loosing the Title humbled you. Will you change your username to EmbarrassedGooner when this happens?

1687686364553.png

A great deal of speculation I see. I’ve no idea where he’ll end up but obviously I hope he chooses us over you. If he does choose us, then it’s because given the potential of our young players he can see an exciting opportunity to develop and be successful for some years to come. He will be guaranteed s starting place and be seen as one of our senior players. Arteta is here for the long haul so no danger of transition and Rice gets to stay in London.

Of course, joining City has it’s obvious attractions but Pep will likely leave in 2025, some of your key players are coming to the end of their shelf life and all winning teams ultimately come to the end of their reign.

I suspect this season just ended will mark the high water point of this City team’s success.
Firstly, given the potential of our young players. If you mean Saka, Saliba and Martinelli, what about Foden, Alvarez and Lewis. That's before we even start on the academies. Yes, I've seen yours and from what I've seen Nwaneri isn't good enough for us but you put him on a pedestal.
As for that last statement, when we achieve the quadruple (Community Shield. Premier League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup) plus the silly UEFA and FIFA cups that go with it and Champions League in one season, then that will be the ultimate, ultimate.
We ain't nowhere near our high water point.

A great deal of speculation I see. I’ve no idea where he’ll end up but obviously I hope he chooses us over you. If he does choose us, then it’s because given the potential of our young players he can see an exciting opportunity to develop and be successful for some years to come. He will be guaranteed s starting place and be seen as one of our senior players. Arteta is here for the long haul so no danger of transition and Rice gets to stay in London.

What are you on about. This is the new third team Pep has built, with a spine of Dias , Rodri, Haaland. This is a completely new team being built under Pep. This is just the start. New leaders ,young hungry players.

About to sign the best young defender in the world as well.

Oh dear, your sounding very raggish/dipperish there my friend.

Meanwhile GunnerLee sees it as it is :-)

This! This is what i don't get when i see people posturing about this lad. Our club is, without the mask of arrogance a guarantee of success. We might not win the treble every season, but we are competing till May in every competition. We have won major honours every single year for the last 6 years.

If you as a professional, cannot bring yourself to face the truth in this manner, to challenge yourself in this aspect, to fight along the best in the world. Then you are not good enough to start with.
Exactly. That’s my stance as well either he levels to our wavelength or not for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.