Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stating your hopes as facts doesn’t make them any more true!

Nice fantasy and all that, but back in the real world City are building our next great team around exciting young players like Haaland, Foden, Alvarez, Dias, Rodri, Lewis and very likely Gvardiol.

Another dose of reality for you - both City and Arsenal have Managers whose contracts currently end in summer 2025, and no-one knows what will happen in either case next. Pep could extend and Arteta could leave. Or both could be gone. Or your scenario could play out. I doubt either Manager knows 100% - and players will know that better than anyone, so won’t be basing their life decisions on wild speculation around scenarios that may or may not play out in over two years time.

Sorry to burst your Sunday morning fantasy, but it’s best to stick to facts to avoid making yourself look like a twat.

I wasn’t stating hopes as facts…that’s your strawman. Merely pointing out that as attractive as City are, Arsenal are not without their selling points too. My feeling that City may have reached their zenith is an opinion which is not wildly improbable.

so what you're saying is you're the future and our run is nearly over, to be honest with you blud, if we wanted one of your young "stars" im pretty certain they would be very excited to come and play with the original pep, not a pep 2.0 without the knowledge or experience to change things when things need changing, you lot were screaming for arteta's head a year ago, he copies pep ,but didnt know what to do when it started failing, arteta should of stayed at city and completed his education,now he will always be the nearly man,good but not quite good enough fam.

You’ve been watching too much AFTV

If so what is to gain with this from a City side? Surely that means Arsenal are the only team in the race (Rice has chosen Arsenal) and wants Arsenal to pay up. That’s surely telling as it gets RE Rice to City
It fab and ornstein said that city will bid and fab even said we checked with the players camp who is open to the move?

At this point no one knows anything. Every piece of info is contradictory.

The only hope I hold is that there is no way guys like Fabrizio and ornstein came out with the info that we will bid unless we were sure rice is open to joining us. That would be poor otherwise if we decide to bid without 100% ascertaining the players interest in the move. Which I don’t think is the case tbh.

It‘s clearly not a fact given my use of the word ‘likely’ but it’s my view the probability is that he will leave in 2025
And therein lies the problem. I know this is a forum, and forums are about opinions. The issue is many of us don’t Labour under the illusion that our opinion matters. I have my opinions about Arsenal but they’re not so important that I need to go and spend time on your forum. I think Arteta or one of the squad should go around to every Arsenal season ticket holders gaff, give them a slap around the face and belly laugh at them for spending all that money so they can waste it on flattering to deceive during a good season.

But it doesn’t matter because it’s just my opinion.

Have you got one of those dual branded Hackett / Aston Martin tops whilst driving a Kia Sportage?

I suspect this season just ended will mark the high water point of this City team’s success.
Think that’s why Pep is building a new one. A treble , 3 in a row on top of the 100ponts , domestic treble and all the other trophies may have satiated the desire of some players but not Pep. He will replace anyone not hungry for more or not able to contribute or willing to work their way back into the team. It’s brutal but think it will keep us competing for every competition we are in. Am hoping to see angry Pep again next year so hopefully Arsenal can co-ordinate another leaked letter to get him fired up. I also don’t believe anyone can believe Arteta is safe at Arsenal, expectations will have been raised but nothing has been won. Teams tend to start a season how they ended the last one and unlike the Klopp team who maintained the push and form when we beat them this Arsenal side looked mentally shot. A bad start after big money spent will cause questions to be asked and Arsenal fans and teams tend to throw in the towel quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.