Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy I work with is an Everton fan and he swears rice is a better player then rodri. I argued my point but it got me wondering is he? I honestly havnt watched that much of rice to judge but I found it strange that a guy who is completely neutral (he is Irish) rates rice so highly?
Rice is very good. Rodri is the best in the world at his position. Big difference.

He would be a great signing of course, and can easily get minutes when you consider our usual midfield double pivot.

Any combo of Rodri/Rice with Gund/Bernie would be good. I could even see playing both Rodri and Rice working sometimes as well if say we wanted to play 2 attacking fullbacks (say we bring Pedro Porro back on loan and have him and Cancelo attack).

Guy I work with is an Everton fan and he swears rice is a better player then rodri. I argued my point but it got me wondering is he? I honestly havnt watched that much of rice to judge but I found it strange that a guy who is completely neutral (he is Irish) rates rice so highly?
No, just call the other guy a fool and don't speak to him about football again.

This pretty much backs up what I've seen of him. Watching him and Phillips together at the Euros cemented my thoughts, on both of them, in fact.
The two of them wouldn't make one Fernandhio.

Last edited:
Hes not a DM.. Hes a b2b player. Better to buy Kalvin Philips in that case. And I don't want to restrict Rices marauding runs really. Play him as an 8 then..
Hes nowhere near has the deep distribution (+and range of) of Rodri and Kalvin.
+He plays in a transition team (counterattacking) where ball-transportation to get up the pitch and relieve pressure plays a big/huge part. (I see similarities with Grealish in that aspect actually.)

Maybe after Pep in that case and switching of systems etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.