Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever wonder why Phillips went down like a led balloon so much? Like, surely he isn’t THAT bad? You can’t help but feel that Pep just doesn’t like him but then he seems like a nice lad.

I remember we let him have that operation to be fit for the WC but then he came back overweight. I also recall he took a full 2 weeks off on holiday before returning to training despite barely playing before the WC and not playing at the WC either. I always had the feeling that could have pissed Pep off as it might not have sent the right message about wanting to play.

In general he looks a bit overwhelmed and happy to be here. We’ve not even seen much potential. With players that came good in their 2nd season, we at least saw flashes of what they could become earlier on in their City careers and they all at least acted as decent squad players before going to the next level.

Reactions: flb
Stones had a strong pedigree with us beforehand, he just had issues at home.

Zin was fortunate we never had an established left back, so he could back himself to challenge.

Kalvin has too many hurdles in the way.

He just doesn’t seem fit enough or confident enough to be here?

What would the offer be if Kalvin says yes to West ham, would it be 70 mil plus Phillips or will they ask for more.

City need to sell phillips, if he went out on loan he could flop again, the phillips saga needs to end

Zin was fortunate we never had an established left back, so he could back himself to challenge.

Philips fucked it coming back from the World Cup with his derby hanging over his shorts - he should have come back lean and match ready , all the footage I say of him at England camp was him bobbing around on a lilo in the pool clutching a strawberry daiquiri playing head tennis , no doubt gorging himself at the buffet for a month , Pep mentioned it and made it public and called him out , and seeing him pissed along side the treble winners with his £500 shades on clutching a bottle of vodka isn’t quite what is expected of this club. Room 101 I’m afraid , get our money back and move on.

Sure, but i think it would be a little romantic if he could keep this ”second season” myth alive.

The lads mentality isn’t right , he came back from the World Cup weighing more than when he left for it , and he was celebrating the treble like he’d made a big contribution to it , he was forefront on the celebrations. Wrong attitude full stop. I’m no big Rice lover , but I’d take him all day long if it meant Philips going , Rodri didn’t get a decent rest because of him , but thankfully he runs through brick walls for this club.
I couldn’t believe how pissed he was at the parade. Absolutely baffling.

Isn't their source just confirming what everyone else is saying, including multiple journalists. Not that it's a done deal with everything agreed, but they can "know" he's going to Arsenal, even if it's not agreed 100%. Once the player is happy, and both teams are close with the valuation, it's likely just a case of when.

The stories appear to be, he's happy with the deal, he wants to go to Arsenal, and that Arsenal are expected to bid enough to make West Ham happy, even if they're trying to get favourable terms. I've not seen any suggestion that Arsenal believe he's overvalued (something we've seen in the past with City), or that they might walk away, so I expect from City's point of view it is as good as done.

Not really, e.g. Fabrizio and di Marzio imply different things, i.e. that Rice is open to a move to City and City are working on a deal.

Plus, even sources suggesting that Rice prefers a move to Arsenal don't think it's close to be done.

Add to that, Pep could take the risk letting Zinny play LB,
but Pep doesn't have the faith letting Kalvin sit in the middlle of the park with his undercooked jogging style.

Would Zinny been fighting for that position the result would have been the same.

Kalvin seems to be deep in his comfort zone with his sweet dimple smile. Someone tell him to play regular footy and WHU is near perfect for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.