Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
E
He’s a good player and always does a lot of great work whenever I see him play. However, he also often looks like a centre half playing in midfield and doesn’t keep the ball in tight situations the way Rodri does. I could actually see Pep playing him in defence now and then, as well as in the holding midfield slot.

It’s a no from me at the prices quoted.
Exactly
He plays, runs and passes in straight lines.
Might work in the PL in a certain system but that game is never going to fly in a Pep team
Look at Rodri now to when he arrived.
He was a bit overweight (as he admits himself) and too slow and flat footed to thrive in this country
A couple of years to acclimatise plus bringing back Bernie the human dynamo beside him and he now looks like the ultimate DM daddy
The huge difference is that Rodri sees the entire pitch. Rice only sees what is facing him on a straight line

Last edited:
Rice is definitely trying to fish for a move to us.

Havent heard anything new(agent talk was he was sat waiting on Chelsea during the past 2 windows) but you can see him doing a Grealish/Kane level charm offensive right now.

The lad has moments in games when he looks like prime Yaya, but with Pep in charge he doesn’t fill square or round pegs and it will be eye watering cash, it’s tricky I’d hate him going to the rags because he’s what they need.

The lad has moments in games when he looks like prime Yaya, but with Pep in charge he doesn’t fill square or round pegs and it will be eye watering cash, it’s tricky I’d hate him going to the rags because he’s what they need.

You need to think more positively - they have fucked up better players than him and are quite capable of repeating the job.

I rate Rice very highly. I think both chelsea and Utd will try and buy him in the Summer. Whoever does will compete for titles, the results of WHU suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.