Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know by close of play today where he's going. If we don't want to commit I imagine we'll brief our trusted sources.

What I will say is, I'll be disappointed if this has just been a case of us playing silly beggars to up the price for Arsenal; it's not a style we've deployed in the past and I don't want us to start now. Conversely, if Pep does want him then that will be his second choice he's missed out on, publically no less. We should have the wherewithal to back him given the season we've just had. Gvardiol is a must now.

I really don't feel we're genuinely in for him, and instead there to jack the price up for the eventual buyer.

Despite our rotation policy, he and Rodri just don't go into one position for me.
what about rice going into the john stones position ? you know a midfielder in a midfield position instead of a cb that did an excellent job, john stones did a brilliant job in that position ,imagine what a proper midfielder would do, as for we arent genuinely in for him,is that some sort of security blanket to save people if he goes to arsenal ? some fucking idiot said it on talksport and a few more looneys are using it as a get out to the people who might take the piss that arsenal have " got one over us"

anyone who says we arent genuinely in for him after making a 90,000,000m offer plus add ons are just covering their back for whatever reason.

Feel the same. Leaning towards outbidding them just for the laughs but I'm not bothered either way.

The only thing I don't want us to do is the classic "oh well, we'll fill that position next summer." But we won't be that daft, surely?
With the way transfers are going what's not to say that the player next summer also isn't 100+m what then? Walk away again. If this is the way prices are heading and everybody always want's to walk away when it hits 100m then top players is something we can forget.

£105million is being touted now so are Arsenal in that sort of league to pay them sort of money for one player that really is not in the world-class bracket that sits at the top league with the rest,

Don't get me wrong Rice is a very good player in his role, but are we saying he's up there with the rodri's of this world,
I would price Rodri at them sorts of figures being splashed around for Rice, City need to walk away and look elsewhere

its not vital to have english players but it helps and if its an english thing he just needs to look at walker, foden, stones, heck even sterling looked a different player when at us or he can look at saka and his hat trick against north macedonia and decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.