Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say not really a good look for us if he goes to Arsenal

Top target Bellingham seemingly never wanted to come when Madrid were interested.

Captain leaves on a free turning down a contract with a couple of days notice so need for a CM becomes critical.

Back up target picks some 3rd rate team over us who he’s had terms agreed with for months.

Doesn’t strike me as massively prepared.

Who cares how it looks?

Whether we like it or not, it seems Kovacic is the Gundogan replacement. We were supposed to spend 300m+. I just don't know which players do we have in mind. Kovacic + Gvardiol = 100m. 200m remains a mystery for now...
Throw it all at Wirtz and test Leverkusen’s resolve.

Top target Bellingham seemingly never wanted to come when Madrid were interested.

Captain leaves on a free turning down a contract with a couple of days notice so need for a CM becomes critical.

Back up target picks some 3rd rate team over us who he’s had terms agreed with for months.

Exactly my view too. If Pep does want Rice we need to just blow Arsenal away, offer what West Ham want if the player has given us an indication he wants to come.

As the team at the pinnacle of football right now, with the added factor of Pep, we should be able to get whoever we want. We’ll never have a better opportunity than as Treble winners, I’m not sure why we’re aiming for average signings like Kovacic having already missed out on Bellingham to a European ‘history club’. To overcome that type of club, eg Arse, scouse, rags in terms of perceived prestige, we need to continue to sign the best available players.

The look of the three trophies in the cabinet will do for me.

Arsenal will bid again today and sounds like it’ll get accepted if the addons are ok.
No chance West Ham accept without speaking to us first to see if we would be willing to go higher (if it is even true we have registered interest) as it would be utterly negligent.

City too quiet on this he's going to arsenal. Whether you rate rice on not arsenal will be a stronger force next year, I really rate, they will be some attacking outfit

Spot on this- it's reminding me of the days when Alan Ball was in charge.

Dreary me get a grip.

If not Rice who else realistically.

Barella is not leaving Italy
Kimmich is not happening he's staying at Bayern
De Jong is locked in at Barca
Tonali has gone Newcastle
Caicedo is going to cost 120 mil.

Rice is the only midfielder that we can realistically get.

We've briefly been linked with Brozovic as well.
Why do we need anyone at this particular point?

Rodri
Stones
Phillips
de Bruyne
Foden
BSilva
Kovacic
Lewis
Álvarez
McAtee
…for three/four midfield positions every game.

de Bruyne is on the decline but do we need to replace him this Summer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.