Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
There‘s very little evidence that our fans were celebrating back in March. We‘ve had too many occasions in the past when early hopes were subsequently dashed. If you look at my posts all season, you will see I was always clear a title win was unlikely given the relative weakness of our squad and the over dependence on key players who if injured we couldn’t cover for. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your prejudice, eh?

Below is my post from October last year in the Arsenal thread:

You’re right to point to our lack of depth and the over dependence on key players who if missing through injury would badly impact our performances and that is why the league in reality is highly unlikely. I suspect we might have a better prospect therefore with the Europa League but even that is difficult. Our goal is top 4. Anything else is a bonus. Were we unable again to secure champions league football, the season would be seen as a failure.

I need say no more.

You were comical on here early this year. Coming on like you were the big dog and pretender to the title. Strutting round and everything. Then when you lost it you started to appear less and less…

There‘s very little evidence that our fans were celebrating back in March. We‘ve had too many occasions in the past when early hopes were subsequently dashed. If you look at my posts all season, you will see I was always clear a title win was unlikely given the relative weakness of our squad and the over dependence on key players who if injured we couldn’t cover for. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your prejudice, eh?

You’re right to point to our lack of depth and the over dependence on key players who if missing through injury would badly impact our performances and that is why the league in reality is highly unlikely. I suspect we might have a better prospect therefore with the Europa League but even that is difficult. Our goal is top 4. Anything else is a bonus. Were we unable again to secure champions league football, the season would be seen as a failure.

I need say no more.

Appreciate it wasn’t all Arsenal fans but there were a lot getting giddy and celebrating games against shite teams like you had won the World Cup. And there was a whole lot more saying it was done online and on TV.

No need, you’re at 44.4%
Actually, I don't think there is a way to work it out. You can see how many posts you have made and how many likes you've had but they could all come from a single post.
Also, the data is flawed as likes are relatively new in the forum.

Fans who talk of their clubs' history and tradition are, IMO, ignorant, especially when they attempt to make their club out as more worthy than another. To all fans, their club has a history. Who is to judge if winning leagues fifty years before is any more valid than a club who had nothing but a couple of hundred fans and a corrugated roof on a stand that drenched the loyal?

I need say no more.
That's right mate, say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.