Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham fan here - agree to what someone posted on here, there seems to be a real narrative being pushed by London reporters or ITK’s for Declan to go Arsenal - what is the general census for city fans, are you confident or not - any inside info? A bit fed up of the bias content I am seeing everywhere so thought I would ask the other side. Would prefer him to stay of course but sadly don’t believe that’s possible. It would be a real shame if he ruined his relationship with a lot of our fans in going to another London club tbh.
City seem interested but I am not sure he is coming here. Maybe we left it too late or maybe he doesn’t think he can get into the starting 11. I think he will take the somewhat easy next step and go to Arsenal.

Bit of a slap in the face to hammers but that’s football. Well done winning the europa cup!

Philips might be a good alternative when rice goes. He is a good player and would thrive in your midfield.

West Ham fan here - agree to what someone posted on here, there seems to be a real narrative being pushed by London reporters or ITK’s for Declan to go Arsenal - what is the general census for city fans, are you confident or not - any inside info? A bit fed up of the bias content I am seeing everywhere so thought I would ask the other side. Would prefer him to stay of course but sadly don’t believe that’s possible. It would be a real shame if he ruined his relationship with a lot of our fans in going to another London club tbh.

To be honest mate, a lot of it is from your side, the Ex West Ham Employee, Jacob Steinberg etc. And from what I've read, no-one from your side actually wants him to move to Arsenal.

Arsenal are going back with improved bids because they know a deal is close. I think they’ll get him.
I don’t get this at all, if all he wants is Arsenal then why are they upping their bids? West Ham have already said he’s played his last game for them, rumour is he only wants Arsenal so surely it’s in their hands? Why up a bid, Rice just has to say he wants to join them and Arsenal hold out while WH sweat waiting for more bids that clearly won’t come. Making a second or third bid makes zero sense when you allegedly hold all the cards.
That alone says to me he’s not head over heels with only joining Arsenal.

To be honest mate, a lot of it is from your side, the Ex West Ham Employee, Jacob Steinberg etc. And from what I've read, no-one from your side actually wants him to move to Arsenal.
Yes agree on Steinberg as he gets it right from Sullivan (apparently) but is a weird negotiation tactic saying them things out in public if you ask me. Ex Employee a lot of he’s stuff gets re-worded and twisted imo he has always said he hasn’t given a word to anyone but has a preference to stay in London, partly down to a new born only a few months ago and of course you are the only viable London option for him at this moment in time. Arsenal and West Ham have never had much issues with each other due to our mutual hatred of your North London neighbours, social media hasn’t helped though. Arsenal no doubt a good project but the general feeling from most of us, is a project isn’t in line with what he has been saying he’s aspirations quite publicly to leave us for are. I don’t think any sane West Ham fan will say arsenal isn’t a step up though but again social media gives people a platform to spout nonsense for clicks (from both sides tbf) so I wouldn’t read to much into that. I myself wouldn’t view him in such a negative light but I do think it will ruin his standing with a large group of our fanbase, with you being a London club and what I have said above - he’s a pro though so I doubt that will affect his judgment tbf.

I don’t get this at all, if all he wants is Arsenal then why are they upping their bids? West Ham have already said he’s played his last game for them, rumour is he only wants Arsenal so surely it’s in their hands? Why up a bid, Rice just has to say he wants to join them and Arsenal hold out while WH sweat waiting for more bids that clearly won’t come. Making a second or third bid makes zero sense when you allegedly hold all the cards.
That alone says to me he’s not head over heels with only joining Arsenal.
Agree it’s all so strange, never experienced anything like it all of this “bid tomorrow” and never a bid received - also not sure on why arsenal taking so long to up their bid - mind you us at West Ham don’t usually have a player to sell at 100m so it’s new to us these kind of ongoings haha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.