Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

IMO it's other way round - City players get seriously overrated as the system hides their weak points. Dinho isn't a wordclass player, the credit for his performances should go to Pep first and foremost. Did you think of Dinho as of elite midfielder during Pellegrini era?
Garbage.

Fernandinho is very much world class,the fact there are very few better in his position,in world football,is evidence of that.He has been one of our most consistent players,irrespective of managers.Pep is getting the best out of individuals,of that there is no doubt,but the natural talent and ability has to be there in order to do such.

Its good to have the opinions of none City fans though,however wrong they are.

Fabinho looks more like Fernando than Fernandnho to me going off that clip above

IMO it's other way round - City players get seriously overrated as the system hides their weak points. Dinho isn't a wordclass player, the credit for his performances should go to Pep first and foremost. Did you think of Dinho as of elite midfielder during Pellegrini era?
Yes.
So what would be your list of DMs better than Dinho ?

Did you think of Dinho as of elite midfielder during Pellegrini era?
Yes. Unlike most we saw him play for 90 minutes every week and knew how good he was. Even before Yaya's decline, asking who was better was a good way to start a heated row.

Yes of course hes been our most consistant player since he signed. Can count the number of bad games hes had on one hand. Surprised any city fan would disagree tbh

Garbage.

Fernandinho is very much world class,the fact there are very few better in his position,in world football,is evidence of that.He has been one of our most consistent players,irrespective of managers.Pep is getting the best out of individuals,of that there is no doubt,but the natural talent and ability has to be there in order to do such.

Its good to have the opinions of none City fans though,however wrong they are.
Makes sense now i know he isnt a city fan. I honestly wouldnt take any midfielder in the world over fernandinho, he really is the perfect player. Cant think of a weakness in his game tbh. And the amazing thing is he hasnt even been playing in his real position since he arrived five years ago.

Lol fernandinho is probably the most irreplaceable player in our side at the moment. He is top draw most fans including myself regard him as a unsung hero like Barry was. The club paid a fortune for him knowing there would be no resale value and not knowing how he would settle in England it was a huge gamble and one they wouldn't have taken unless they believed him to be world class

I think that Fernandinho could have been a really effective box to box player and scored lots more goals than he has if City managers had given him a more attcking role. It is to his credit that he taken on the roles he has been asked to play and performed really well at them.

He is the most important player in our squad as I do not think anyone else could play his role anything like as effectively. Has been a great signing for us.

He carried yaya during the pellegrini era, doing the work of two men in midfield. He’s been a class player for us, I feel bad that I wrote him off at the start of this season.

Lol fernandinho is probably the most irreplaceable player in our side at the moment. He is top draw most fans including myself regard him as a unsung hero like Barry was. The club paid a fortune for him knowing there would be no resale value and not knowing how he would settle in England it was a huge gamble and one they wouldn't have taken unless they believed him to be world class
I think that Fernandinho could have been a really effective box to box player and scored lots more goals than he has if City managers had given him a more attcking role. It is to his credit that he taken on the roles he has been asked to play and performed really well at them.

He is the most important player in our squad as I do not think anyone else could play his role anything like as effectively. Has been a great signing for us.
Makes sense now i know he isnt a city fan. I honestly wouldnt take any midfielder in the world over fernandinho, he really is the perfect player. Cant think of a weakness in his game tbh. And the amazing thing is he hasnt even been playing in his real position since he arrived five years ago.
Guys, have you read my initial post? Did I say he was inconsistent, 'bad' this season? Did I say he should be replaced? The point I'm trying to make is that he's not unique. Have you seen Fred from Shakhtar, rumoured to be on City radar? Could you classify him as worldclass, i.e. top 2-3 in his position? Replace Dinho with Fred, and you won't see any difference in a year. It's more about integration than player's unique ability (ofc the suitable skillset/quality are needed).

This time last year Dinho's place as a pivot wasn't indisputable - Yaya has replaced him in that position and offered more control/passing ability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.