Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Fabinho, Weigl, Diawara would fit the Dinho role miles better than Fred.

Feel like City fans are just treating Fred like Dinho 2.0 from Shakhtar.
Diawara doesn't have the mobility or control in tight spaces, or the brain. There's a reason he's not first choice at Napoli.
Fabinho is great but a bit one footed and will cost a fortune.
There's big question marks over Weigl post injury as anyone who's watched him this season will tell you and he's the least athletic of the lot.

Really, there's no grounds for a sweeping statement like "miles better" for any of them. They'd all be good candidates and all have their possible downsides as well as their upsides.

For the record, Fred's will be his height and he'll have to adjust to going up against far higher quality opposition week in, week out. However, he's two footed, has great balance and control in tight areas, can tackle and press, he's lightning fast across the ground and has an eye for a pass. Scores goals from play too.

I still think Mario Lemina would be the guy to go after for the DM position. Standout player for So'hampton for me. Only 24 too. 30m might be enough.

So far he's looked like a good signing for them. £15m seems like a good price for him.

If he continues his current form I wouldn't be surprised if teams higher up the league than them come in for him.

Renato sanchez buy him while hes out of form get him cheap then let pep work his magic.there is a fine player in there somewhere.
Been fully shafted in the past 18mths, Went to Bayern and for many reasons couldn’t get in the team. Then farmed out to Swansea where he has no confidence and has received no training it seems.

Would get a new lease of life under Pep I reckon. He has great relationship with Hoeness etc, I wonder if a deal would ever be possible.

Based on last season Monaco, Fabinho is a good shout for DM. Like for like with our Fern and Pep can certainly work his magic on him.

Not sure who could replace him, but it’s 100% the biggest role we need to get right. He cuts up so many attacks and does the work of 2 players. Incredibly underrated player.

He doesn’t offer as much going forward, but Kante could be an option. I never thought they’d sell Matic, so maybe if the price is right?

I was just reading an article on how Otamendi has made the most (successful) passes in european football this year, with Fernandinho being 2nd. Jorginho is 3rd which shows that he could manage playing Guardiola football better than any holding midfielder in the world.

I was just reading an article on how Otamendi has made the most (successful) passes in european football this year, with Fernandinho being 2nd. Jorginho is 3rd which shows that he could manage playing Guardiola football better than any holding midfielder in the world.
just looked at a few videos of Jorginho - you could be right

Why's no one talking about Napoli's Jorginho. All factors considered, I'd rather have him than the other options mentioned on this thread like Diawara, Goretzka, SMS, Fabinho, Weigl, Fred, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.