Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the RM squad they only have 8 defenders of which two are those are kids, Coentrao is the one supposedly leaving meaning they have only 7 defenders. To balance it up they have 5 strikers without bale, and 9 midfield players, what was it Pellegrini saying all violins no woodwind, or base section to their orchestra.

IMO Pepe is not going to happen. And again in my opinion Barry has to go yet before we can bring anyone in so if he doesn't leave or accept not playing in CL we ain't signing anyone. :-)

Rammyblues said:
Have you seen the RM squad they only have 8 defenders of which two are those are kids, Coentrao is the one supposedly leaving meaning they have only 7 defenders. To balance it up they have 5 strikers without bale, and 9 midfield players, what was it Pellegrini saying all violins no woodwind, or base section to their orchestra.

IMO Pepe is not going to happen. And again in my opinion Barry has to go yet before we can bring anyone in so if he doesn't leave or accept not playing in CL we ain't signing anyone. :-)

I actually think Barry will leave this window, although I feel it may be 10.50pm on the final day and too late to bring anyone in. Pellers did say Nasti was back training, and with Micah due to resume training next week. The situation is improving, but this just highlights how light we are of quality defensive options with a couple of injuries. I expect this to be addressed in earnest next Summer thats for sure.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Rammyblues said:

I actually think Barry will leave this window, although I feel it may be 10.50pm on the final day and too late to bring anyone in. Pellers did say Nasti was back training, and with Micah due to resume training next week. The situation is improving, but this just highlights how light we are of quality defensive options with a couple of injuries. I expect this to be addressed in earnest next Summer thats for sure.
Having said all that, didn't Barry start life as a centre half? Desperate needs and measures........

Dribble said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Rammyblues said:

Having said all that, didn't Barry start life as a centre half? Desperate needs and measures........

Barry played left centre half and left back at Villa before converting to defensive midfielder. Even Vinnie started off with us as a midfielder than transformed himself into the outstanding defender he is today. IMO while Barry undeniably lacks pace , his experience and reading of the game gets him in the right position more often than not. I still believe he can play a valuable role for us even if it's just in the Hamann / Viera type position of closing off a game in the last quarter. Realistically even if we qualify I can't see Hodgson taking him to the World Cup finals so I think he would be happy with a squad role for us.

CTID

Blue Elvis said:
Even Vinnie started off with us as a midfielder than transformed himself into the outstanding defender he is today.

Is the myth......Vinnie played centre half long before he played for us.

Hamburg bought him as DVB's replacement.

FantasyIreland said:
Blue Elvis said:
Even Vinnie started off with us as a midfielder than transformed himself into the outstanding defender he is today.

Is the myth......Vinnie played centre half long before he played for us.

Hamburg bought him as DVB's replacement.
Hughes brought him to City to play as a defensive midfielder, although he was experienced as CB and able to play both.
VK: "'My favourite position is in midfield but I can deliver just as good a job from central defence. Whenever I get the chance to play then I just try to take it"
also from his interview on the official website when he joined the club:

MCFC: You can play in a couple of positions what has Mark Hughes told you about your role here for City?

VK: "I’ve been told that I’m going as a defensive midfielder. I like this position a lot so I’m happy with that. I can play as a central defender as well and if the job needs to be done there then I can do that as well as anyone else and still bring something to the team. It’s up to the Manager."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.