Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
skybluecelt1990 said:
yozzer said:
Matt the Giant said:
I agree, but none of the goals conceded against Cardiff were due to any faults by these two, right?
They did look painfully slow on the counter though, and I'd be very surprised to see them to paired up again against an opponent with pace up front.
Demichellis is painfully slow as well

Pace is less of a problem for Demichelis at CB than it is for Garcia. Demichelis is used to Pellegrini's high line and has the ability to read the defensive situation well enough to make up for his lack of pace, Garica's issue is that he doesn't read situations well enough to compensate for his lack of speed. Every defender, regardless of whether they're 18 or 33, will get burnt by a rapid forward at some point so it shouldn't be the deciding factor in the Demichelis deal.
Have you seen him play for Argentina, he's terrible at retaining the ball. And considering the pressing by the opposition is going to be much more severe in the PL compared to the La Liga, it could be a huge problem.

Super David Silva 21 said:
MEN: City will turn their attention to Valencia and France defender Adil Rami (27) if they can't sign Martin Demichelis in the next week.
Better option and we can get more years out of him.

Well, the Rami news seems to have been briefed by City, as the giveaway is it starts appearing in all the papers at once (including the MEN). But I have a feeling the leak may be the usual pressure tactics to get Atletico to do a deal for Demichelis (though that doesn't mean City won't go for Rami).

Atletico haven't been able to get a bid accepted for his touted replacement (Alderweireld from Ajax) and are still asking an awful lot of money for a near 33-year-old who joined them on a freebie last month... so it's a stalemate and City really, really need a defender ASAP but Txiki isn't budging on his lower valuation of Demichelis.

LoveCity said:
Well, the Rami news seems to have been briefed by City, as the giveaway is it starts appearing in all the papers at once (including the MEN). But I have a feeling the leak may be the usual pressure tactics to get Atletico to do a deal for Demichelis (though that doesn't mean City won't go for Rami).

Atletico haven't been able to get a bid accepted for his touted replacement (Alderweireld from Ajax) and are still asking an awful lot of money for a near 33-year-old who joined them on a freebie last month... so it's a stalemate and City really, really need a defender ASAP but Txiki isn't budging on his lower valuation of Demichelis.
I'd say just go for Rami who is like 5 years younger.

NoahCity said:
LoveCity said:

To be honest, I don't think age is of much concern in this particular pursuit of a defender. They want experience and the ability to conform to Pellegrini's style. Demichelis ticks both boxes and has the advantage of having recently played with Pellegrini. I think Rami is a valid backup option for what he wants, though. I am still quite surprised we haven't gone for Godin, who played for Pellegrini at Villarreal and was outstanding last season. But Demichelis was also outstanding last season despite his age. United had a mostly very old back line yesterday (34, 32, 31, 21) against Chelsea and defended very well against mobile young playmakers.

LoveCity said:
NoahCity said:
LoveCity said:

To be honest, I don't think age is of much concern in this particular pursuit of a defender. They want experience and the ability to conform to Pellegrini's style. Demichelis ticks both boxes and has the advantage of having recently played with Pellegrini. I think Rami is a valid backup option for what he wants, though. I am still quite surprised we haven't gone for Godin, who played for Pellegrini at Villarreal and was outstanding last season. But Demichelis was also outstanding last season despite his age. United had a mostly very old back line yesterday (34, 32, 31, 21) against Chelsea and defended very well against mobile young playmakers.
I guess I'd be happy with either after our problems against Cardiff. Would this Abner guy slot into our first team as competition for Clichy and Kolarov at LB?

I'd prefer we go for Alderweireld, as he'sa team-mate of Kompany's for Belguim, they could play together as first choice with Nasty as cover for injuries, rotation etc. Otherwise, Rami as he's younger and fitter than Demichelis - ideally we should have kept Kolo for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.