Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we need both. Demichelis is near the end of his career but he knows the sytem and should be a good choice when we have injuries. We need another young player as well. We're still short 1 CB, Lescott will be gone in the summer, Richards is regularly hurt, and Vinnie misses games every year due to injury or suspension. We desperatly need cover and it is frustrating that we have dragged our legs on this problem. MP should hav realised after the AC Milan game that Garcia can't play CB and we needed cover.

Mr. Aguia said:
IMO we need both. Demichelis is near the end of his career but he knows the sytem and should be a good choice when we have injuries. We need another young player as well. We're still short 1 CB, Lescott will be gone in the summer, Richards is regularly hurt, and Vinnie misses games every year due to injury or suspension. We desperatly need cover and it is frustrating that we have dragged our legs on this problem. MP should hav realised after the AC Milan game that Garcia can't play CB and we needed cover.

Correct we need four world class center backs, for rotation and to cover injury, that's two in and two out for me.

Before the weekend, I don't recall Joe Hart having many problems with crosses / corners

I'm no cynic said:
Marvin said:
Hart was not to blame.

Trajectory of the corners and the packed penalty area made it very difficult for him to get the ball

It rarely bothered Joe Corrigan and Bert Trautmann.

Nice one.

And they caught the ball more often than not , which would have been also heavier, maybe without gloves.Proper "Roy Of The Rovers "goalkeepers that certainly did not need, nor use , "Head An Shoulders" shampoo.

Either Rami, Demchelis or as a long shot Pepe will fit the bill and hopefully it will be addressed before the Transfer window closes on Monday.

Ray78 said:
Either Rami, Demchelis or as a long shot Pepe will fit the bill and hopefully it will be addressed before the Transfer window closes on Monday.
I'm happy we seem to be covering our bases, negotiating 3 different deals at once.

Demichelis is the perfect option. He knows the CB position in a Pellegrini team and has plenty of experience and will be cheap in comparison to the likes of Pepe who will expect Nasty to sit on the bench. CB is important even more so when playing the high line and he will know his job better than most.

We also need our keeper to be on good form however and I think giving Pants the opportunity to replace Hart (there I said it) would only prove a positive move.

jonmcity said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Correct we need four world class center backs, for rotation and to cover injury, that's two in and two out for me.
Even if we sign Demichelis and Rami, we'll still only have one world-class centre-back.

We only need 1 CB we don't have room in the squad for 2 unless we sell more players we have Kompany, Lescott and Nastasic. If Lescott leaves next season I really hope Rekik replaces him we need more players that came though our youth set up for champs league! Out of Rami and Demichilis I would probably have to pick Demichelis hes a winner and would offer our back plenty of experience and hopefully a bit of leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.