Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoahCity said:
Goo said:
He is a right sided CB isn't he? As in, the side Kompany plays on?
Yeh, played on the right side for Malaga at least.

-- Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am --

annoying to have to pay 4 million when he was available for free a month ago or so but 4 million is pocket change to the Sheikh.

OK good stuff.

Yeah it's annoying but I guess it's the price you pay for taking a risk on targets. You can't play it safe all the time, and I guess we had encouragement from Pepe's camp. From what I gather things would probably have got going had Varane not picked up an injury. More than happy with Demichelis though if Pellegrini thinks he can do the job. Lots of positives to his signing.

I know a lot aren't keen on the fact he's 32 but there are plenty of old CB's playing at the top level; Van Buyton, Puyol, Camel Gob, John Terry, etc. As far as I can see, this is a temporary answer to a problem until Rekik returns from PSV.

This will complete a very good summer in my opinion!

If this is correct and Demichelis proves to be our only other signing , it will frankly be a disappointment and a wasted opportunity.
As well as a better CB Pepe is also a high quality DM and in the absence of Fernandinho the sort of player need to accomodate Yaya's defensive frailities. We are also crying out for a left sided midfielder with genuine pace, particularly in the absence of Navas. Our left back cover is similarly thin with little competitive pressure on Clichy. I just hope Vinnie is right and there are more signings (plural) to come, otherwise those lost 3 points at Cardiff could come back to haunt us next May..

City tried repeatedly to get Pepe so there isn't even an opportunity to get him. He was City's #1 defensive target. Real just refuse to sell, they have about two fit central defenders so who can blame them?

LoveCity said:
City tried repeatedly to get Pepe so there isn't even an opportunity to get him. He was City's #1 defensive target. Real just refuse to sell, they have about two fit central defenders so who can blame them?

Get - Demichelis & Abner. Great summer !

I think that Abner is big, big talented.

Goo said:
NoahCity said:
Goo said:
He is a right sided CB isn't he? As in, the side Kompany plays on?

annoying to have to pay 4 million when he was available for free a month ago or so but 4 million is pocket change to the Sheikh.

OK good stuff.

Yeah it's annoying but I guess it's the price you pay for taking a risk on targets. You can't play it safe all the time, and I guess we had encouragement from Pepe's camp. From what I gather things would probably have got going had Varane not picked up an injury. More than happy with Demichelis though if Pellegrini thinks he can do the job. Lots of positives to his signing.

I know a lot aren't keen on the fact he's 32 but there are plenty of old CB's playing at the top level; Van Buyton, Puyol, Camel Gob, John Terry, etc. As far as I can see, this is a temporary answer to a problem until Rekik returns from PSV.

Rekik again.

Rekik & Nastasic in the Champions League semi final v Barca next season because Kompany gets injured .

Yep, nothing to worry about there.

Neville Kneville said:
Goo said:
NoahCity said:

OK good stuff.

Rekik again.

Rekik & Nastasic in the Champions League semi final v Barca next season because Kompany gets injured .

Yep, nothing to worry about there.

Demichelis is signing for a two year contract, lol wtf?

LoveCity said:

Michelis +£10m for Garcia would cheer me up I suppose

Personally I'd have rather we kept Kolo as back up for Vinny but I think this is a no brainer.

We need a right sided CB for the next year or so mainly as back up for Vinny. He needs to be experienced which Demi is and there's the major added bonus of knowing the gaffer well.

This guy isn't the future but he ticks a lot of short term boxes.

Vinny-Nastasic with Demichelis and Lescott covering. Decent enough. I think even if Rekik makes it it, he will spend at least another season on loan after this one. Which is when Demichelis will leave. And i think Lescott will probably be replaced next summer.

This is a good shirt-term signing and gives Txiki and Pellegrini time to identify the right type of 3rd choice CB. And it won't affect Rekik or any CB hoping to break through in the next 2 years.

Well according to tim vickery on talksport he describes demichellis to a wardrobe, in fact to say that a wardrobe is faster than him, sounds to me we could be making a 4 million mistake especially as we let toure go for nothing.
The jury may be out on pellegrini,only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.