Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goo said:
Neville Kneville said:
Goo said:
OK good stuff.

Yeah it's annoying but I guess it's the price you pay for taking a risk on targets. You can't play it safe all the time, and I guess we had encouragement from Pepe's camp. From what I gather things would probably have got going had Varane not picked up an injury. More than happy with Demichelis though if Pellegrini thinks he can do the job. Lots of positives to his signing.

I know a lot aren't keen on the fact he's 32 but there are plenty of old CB's playing at the top level; Van Buyton, Puyol, Camel Gob, John Terry, etc. As far as I can see, this is a temporary answer to a problem until Rekik returns from PSV.

This will complete a very good summer in my opinion!

Rekik again.

Rekik & Nastasic in the Champions League semi final v Barca next season because Kompany gets injured .

Yep, nothing to worry about there.

Demichelis is signing for a two year contract, lol wtf?

You brought Rekik up.

We are trying to build a team to win the Champions League & some folks are happy with free transfer merchants & kids as next seasons alternative centre backs. If this guy turns out to be brilliant, we are ok for this season. If he plays like he did for Argentina, & Pellegrini plays him, he will cost us everything.

We need to identify the best centre backs in the world & sign one, maybe two of them, so that ageing, slowing, players such as Demichellis & Lescott are not essential for the coming seasons & we are not relying on kids.

Kids should be rewarded with the lesser important games IF they are good enough, & brought through accoring to the merits of their performance, not thrown in & expected to win the Champions League.

If Nastasic or Rekik were to become better than the players we sign, sell the new boys & use them instead. If not, sell them & keep the signings.

Simple.

Looks like he has signed so welcome Martin. Watched Malaga quite a bit last season for Isco but he always seemed to play well, part of a team that should have been in the Semi of the CL.
Was in the La Liga team of the year last year so clearly he has the talent and experience that we need right now.

Those calling for Toure to stay, ever consider that he didnt want to? Be at best third choice for the rest of his career. Gone to Liverpool on probably not too dissimilar money and playing every game.

CTID101 said:
Looks like he has signed so welcome Martin. Watched Malaga quite a bit last season for Isco but he always seemed to play well, part of a team that should have been in the Semi of the CL.
Was in the La Liga team of the year last year so clearly he has the talent and experience that we need right now.

Those calling for Toure to stay, ever consider that he didnt want to? Be at best third choice for the rest of his career. Gone to Liverpool on probably not too dissimilar money and playing every game.

Equally as stupid are those posters who keep harking on about Pepe,"should have signed him instead" What fucking planet do these people live on as its been covered enough that his club wouldn`t sell.
Unbelievable Jeff.

oakiecokie said:
CTID101 said:

Equally as stupid are those posters who keep harking on about Pepe,"should have signed him instead" What fucking planet do these people live on as its been covered enough that his club wouldn`t sell.
Unbelievable Jeff.
well Jeff let me explain - it's all about how much wonga is being waved to turn a 'not for sale' into a 'he'll be on the next plane'

Neville Kneville said:
Goo said:
Neville Kneville said:
Rekik again.

Rekik & Nastasic in the Champions League semi final v Barca next season because Kompany gets injured .

You brought Rekik up.

We are trying to build a team to win the Champions League & some folks are happy with free transfer merchants & kids as next seasons alternative centre backs. If this guy turns out to be brilliant, we are ok for this season. If he plays like he did for Argentina, & Pellegrini plays him, he will cost us everything.

We need to identify the best centre backs in the world & sign one, maybe two of them, so that ageing, slowing, players such as Demichellis & Lescott are not essential for the coming seasons & we are not relying on kids.

Kidsx should be rewarded with the lesser important games IF they are good enough, & brought through accoring to the merits of their performance, not thrown in & epected to win the Champions League.

If Nastasic or Rekik were to become better than the players we sign, sell the new boys & use them instead. If not, sell them & keep the signings.

Simple.

I brought Rekik up because he's a promising young player. I don't know where you've got the "drop Kompany and play Rekik in all important CL games" from. Complete nonsense.

Our first choice centre back pairing is Kompany and Nastasic, which is one of the best in the world. Demichelis was a stand out performer in La Liga last season, and although aging, can do a job of sitting around and covering for injuries and playing cup games to rest our first choices. He'll do that at half the wages Kolo was on as well, maybe less. Same with Rekik when he comes back until he proves he can play more important games. Rekik has already played 90 minutes against AC Milan in the CL qualifiers and looked very strong indeed!

And who's to say Rekik couldn't perform at the highest level? At some point Nastasic had to be tested, and at 19 split the strongest CB pairing in the PL for 2 years running, and made that run 3 years. Not to mention his first game for Fiorentina (so I'm told) "marked Ibrahimovic out of the game" to keep a clean sheet.

Neville Kneville said:
Goo said:
Neville Kneville said:
Rekik again.

You brought Rekik up.

Kids should be rewarded with the lesser important games IF they are good enough, & brought through accoring to the merits of their performance, not thrown in & expected to win the Champions League.

Simple.

You can't put Nastasic in the same bracket with Rekik. Nastasic still has a lot to prove but he is pretty established already. Is already the second best defender at the club. And certainly one of the best young defenders in the game. But on Rekik i agree, he is unproven and there are no guarantees with him.

SPORT and Marca in Spain have both announced the transfer as done. But nothing from either club yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.