Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
kanovic said:
For what we need its an excellent signing. He won't be a starter but for cup matches and injury cover his perfect.

What makes you say he won't be a starter?
It's Pellegrini's own man remember, someone he has all trust in the world for.

There is absolutely no point in signing any player a cover If they don't get a few games, otherwise when you need them they wont be able to play at the required level

I agree that Kompany and Nasty will probably play the most games, but I think Demechelis and Lescott will get games too.

I hope no one is thinking he will help solve any problems at set-pieces. If we are sticking with the man to man marking job, then he will stick with whoever he is given to mark, and players like Clichy and Zab will continue to get caught out one on one with bigger opponents.

I don't know why Pellegrini wanted to change a system which worked for us. Stupid. Our defence was rock solid. If Mancini had done this, he'd have got a lot of criticism

Two years ago I would have been horrified but I have to swallow humble pie - he´s been excellent the last couple of seasons at Malaga. Hope we don´t see the old MD at the Etihad!!

mike channon´s windmill said:
Two years ago I would have been horrified but I have to swallow humble pie - he´s been excellent the last couple of seasons at Malaga. Hope we don´t see the old MD at the Etihad!!

I think he has got better with age combined with the fact Pellegrini has really coached him well...

Have seen a bit of him when watching Isco last season and he certainly has some defensive vision just like Kompany, not has good as Vinny's but still better than Lescott by a mile and can see a pass now and then. I even remember seeing him not scared to throw himself in harms way whenever needed and so he has been consistent for 2 years running now.

I think he understands what Pellegrini wants in defensive situation and how to play the high line with out getting caught out... When we have games midweek or a Chelsea then UCL game within days of each other then I can see him playing the PL games while giving Vinny rest for the UCL games...

Demichelis is very similar to Kolo but not sure what Tim Vickery was going on about like a wardrobe... he is certainly not that f*cking slow...

Personally, I am happy with this.. I think some of us here have got spoilt with wanting a big name while Pellegrini knows Vinny is his main man at right CB and needs just needs a reliable and similar mold to Vin as cover and between tough games (even as sub when we want to shut up shop!)

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport 13m
Manchester City close to completing £3.5m deal for Martín Demichelis <a class="postlink" href="http://gu.com/p/3tbye/tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gu.com/p/3tbye/tw</a> via @guardian

kanovic said:
For what we need its an excellent signing. He won't be a starter but for cup matches and injury cover his perfect.
Pefect? Do you know what the word means?
The guy is no better than what he have already covering.

This signing only makes sense to me if it's about Pellegrini getting a senior player in who knows how he wants the defence to work and can help set it up, he'll be starting quite a few games I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.