Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
city91 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
city91 said:
I agree with your point but I also think the whole concept of a defender needing pace is overplayed. 9 times out of 10 the only time a defender needs pace is when he is either left exposed or covering for a teammate. Of course having pace is a great asset to any player but when a defender relies on pace then its evident that other more important aspects of defending are missing from their game.
Well if we keep on defending so far up the pitch then pace is going to fairly important imo. If we drop deeper then it becomes far less of an issue.

Leaving ourselves exposed is just one of the risks defending with a high line creates and a lack of pace is certainly not going to help our exposed defence. However to counter this I would say that if a defence keeps continually getting exposed when playing with a high line then the system is failing. When the defenders get used to the system the mistakes will fade.

Also, we have conceded precisely zero goals in the league this season due to playing a high defensive line. We have however conceded twice from corners, so hopefully if nothing else this move will make us a bit more organised (less disorganised?) at the back.

Are we missing a trick here? Lescott and Garcia aren't good enough - end of, and if we could get rid we should.

Why isnt Richards being reconsidered for the role? I personally couldnt understand why we didnt persevere with him there? He has all the attributes; big,strong,quick,PL tested,good header, decent control and already here!

Thoughts?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Are we missing a trick here? Lescott and Garcia aren't good enough - end of, and if we could get rid we should.

Why isnt Richards being reconsidered for the role? I personally couldnt understand why we didnt persevere with him there? He has all the attributes; big,strong,quick,PL tested,good header, decent control and already here!

Thoughts?

probably because he is always bloody injured

ANY1aBLUE said:

Thoughts?
I'm for it as long as he finds a way to stay healthy

Atletico want to sign their replacement before allowing Demichelis to join us, but the deal is agreed. They (Atletico) had a bid rejected for Alderweireld but City should try and hurry them up as we need new defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.