Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever we play at CB they need midfield cover and they won't get it with Yaya and Fernanhino.

IMO we need one of Barry, Rodwell or Milner with Fernandhino and Yaya pushed further forward which would mean playing 1 CF (Aguero).

Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
With Liverpool signing ilori and maybe Sakho, they'd also have Toure, Skrtel and Agger.

Begs the question, could we not have kept Kolo?

Spurs also have Chiriches, Vertonghen, Dawson, Gallas and Kaboul.

Surely we need better strength in depth like this?
Why would we have kept kolo when he wanted to leave, was on ridiculous wages and is an inferior player to Demichelis.
Also, Liverpool won't sign Sakho and Spurs have released Gallas.

We have Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott and Boyata (Richards, Rodwell and Garcia can also play there). Add Demichelis and we have better options than Liverpool or Spurs.
So we have 3 decent centre backs, less than the others. Have you watched Demichelis recently? Rather have Kolo and the extra wages probably worth it!

Hopefully we've signed Alderweireld and loaned him out, there's a talent.

The Engineer said:
After watching yesterday's game we need more than cover at centre back! We need someone similar to Nigel De Jong to sit behind Fernandinho and Yaya as the midfield was run by Huddlestone and basically struggled!

Left side of midfield needs sorting too I don't understand why any team would play with one winger!! I can't help but think the team looked a lot weaker than last few years is this a result of FFP? Early days I know but the warning signs are there.

as the midfield was run by Huddlestone

I hope OB1 doesn't see your post ;)

I'm pleased to see that he looks faster than some originally said he was, also looks like a very experienced. Very right footed though.

Stoned Rose said:
The Engineer said:
After watching yesterday's game we need more than cover at centre back! We need someone similar to Nigel De Jong to sit behind Fernandinho and Yaya as the midfield was run by Huddlestone and basically struggled!

Left side of midfield needs sorting too I don't understand why any team would play with one winger!! I can't help but think the team looked a lot weaker than last few years is this a result of FFP? Early days I know but the warning signs are there.

as the midfield was run by Huddlestone

I hope OB1 doesn't see your post ;)

Why? Huddlestone DID run the midfield especially in the first half, we only took charge when Milner came on. £30m for Fernandinho compared to the £3.5m we sold De Jong for. We've had our pants pulled down on several occasions.

mcfc2607 said:
Crescent said:
He's not that slow but he is definitely a decent defender. I'd rather sign him than Pepe.

Watch this vid. <a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/63567413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vimeo.com/63567413</a>
Looks fucking great in that vid. Cant wait.

Whilst I'm not suggesting he is rapid.

He is alot faster than many on here seem to suggest. His pace has never been an issue.

He is pacier than Lescott thats for sure.

Well for me being Argie means like Zab and Aguero he won't shirk from a tackle he will be a hard bastard sign him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.