Denayer Galatasary loan - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he and Lopes weren't old enough to make our C/L squad numerically, they were in quality if only for bench duties against lesser European teams. Letting these players leave will leave us with a very thin squad for this competition.

they wouldnt have played regardless...if you remember the last couple of years we have struggled against the "lesser Euro" teams....field the strongest XI every week and win by 6 for all I care

So which PL team are we going to tell that they must have him then ? Especially one who is playing in Europe ?
Apologies, it wasn't directed at you in particular, just that this keeps being said, we can't dictate that he goes to a PL side, someone needs to take him, and then play him, perhaps City have got some guarantees from Marseilles about first team football.

Marseille is a good club, and he'll start. Happy for him. Now I have a team in the French ligue to watch.

Its lost a few "stars" during the summer but there are few to watch out for Bernardo Silva, Lacazette, Fekir, Gonalons, N'Koulou, Lautoa, Sanson, Djilobodji, El Kauotari and never forget Umtiti and Fanni

Kind of sucks for him that he signed a new five year deal, but that's the PL nowaday. Academy players getting into our squad is going to be tough this year.

I can see why they have not loaned him to a premier league club. Say he moved to Sunderland for example and he played a full season and it did really well, at the same time we have 3 first team centre backs fighting for 2 positions. It would be hard for him to come back and then be 4th choice and other premier league teams would be all over him with the promise of more football. This way when he comes back he may be happy a season of playing the cups and the odd league game and working his way into the side, like he would have done this season. Only my take and slightly disappointed he is not with us this season, hopefully when our new Argie plays we'll be so blown away, we'll stop worrying about the impact on Mangala and Denyer.

and so it should be.only the very best will make the grade at city

Unless Messi shows up that's not how it works generally - our youth policy is nefarious from the outside and I'm honestly sure if those running the club have a clear vision.

Blooding any youth player at the top level generally has a risk/reward element. I get the impression, like Chelsea, we focus more on the risk.

I hope Denayer doesn't stay overseas too long. He has been registered with City for two years. He was registered with Celtic last year and if this loan is confirmed which looks likely, that will be one year short still, before he can qualify as 'club trained' and 'association trained.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.