Denis Law and the Backheel - the Facts & Evidence

Stronger than the goal my abiding memory was of Mike Doyle standing there with the feral moron fans charging around him with a look of “come on then, have a go if you think you’re hard enough”
And despite being 23 years old, I too was “shitting it” leaving the ground.
It certainly was a bit feisty on Warwick Road but still ranks as one of the best games I’ve been to.
If I ever get the chance to go through that again I’ll pop off with a smile on my face.

I'll take a look at the article this evening. I was only 11 years old at the time, and there wasn't the saturation coverage of football that there is today. You can only imagine social media if NMS scored the goal that sent Trafford's finest down, with the obvious paternal references.
jordan-laughing-michael-jordan.gif
21 maybe :P

My dad used to work for Granada TV a good few years back. He would often work on the production of football programs being the avid life long blue that he was. My dad told me that after once filming an interview with Dennis Law, he was chatting to him off camera and asked him what he was thinking after he scored That goal. Law told my dad that after signing for City he had suffered Vandalism to his property probably caused by thier fans and as soon as he backheeled the ball in the net, his first thoughts were oh shit, they’re gonna burn my house down,.. This is absolutely a true story,.. wether or not Dennis was just telling a yarn to my dad as a City fan, I have no way of knowing, but Dennis Law did tell my dad this.

My dad used to work for Granada TV a good few years back. He would often work on the production of football programs being the avid life long blue that he was. My dad told me that after once filming an interview with Dennis Law, he was chatting to him off camera and asked him what he was thinking after he scored That goal. Law told my dad that after signing for City he had suffered Vandalism to his property probably caused by thier fans and as soon as he backheeled the ball in the net, his first thoughts were oh shit, they’re gonna burn my house down,.. This is absolutely a true story,.. wether or not Dennis was just telling a yarn to my dad as a City fan, I have no way of knowing, but Dennis Law did tell my dad this.
Dennis Law was a rag for the rest of his days, so I would say he was just telling your dad a tale.

I can't stand him (Law, not your dad) :)

Dennis Law was a rag for the rest of his days, so I would say he was just telling your dad a tale.

I can't stand him (Law, not your dad) :)
You are writing in the past tense as if Law is dead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.