Denis Law and the Backheel - the Facts & Evidence

Not the first time this happened iirc
Pretty sure we played the derby as the last game of the season a couple of years before when Eamonn Andrews ambushed Busby for This is Your Life

Hi Gary I was at Arundale 71-74 and remember Mr Hughes very well, I played in his teams and can’t remember losing a game? a couple of draws against Pinfold who I believe played in Newcastle United colours … Yes we played in rag colours, unfortunately :-(

I remember the wasp as well :-)
Miss Arrowsmith & Mr Collie I remember as teachers there .. Happy times ..

I’m sure Mr Hughes had a large portrait of George Best in his office ..
He certainly did have Best in his office. I got the wasp in my first week at Arundale for talking in assembly!

Correct - the very second that goal was scored they knew they were doomed whatever happened elsewhere. Dennis Law knew it too ;-)
Then they behaved like they always do when things go against them - mard arses trying to get the game abandoned. They’ve never changed, the mard arse twats!
Slapped arse entitled shithouses and plastic hard men when numbers favour them
That is their true #DNA that they keep banging on about

He certainly did have Best in his office. I got the wasp in my first week at Arundale for talking in assembly!
Yep i felt that fucker too for something very similar but think it was in a class .. I used to go to Greenfield in Hyde and when I went back to play em in the Arundale team, we beat em 22-0
Most teams we played got similar treatment but Mr Hughes trained us like Pro’s

I seem to recall that Gary had superbly clarified this story a few times before. This time comparisons to 2012 and 2022 title definitions give the reader a dramatic feel to it. Thank you Gary.

But, I still enjoy very much how it hurts the rags telling them that blue player Dennis Law's back heel relegated that scummy lot.

Not the first time this happened iirc
Pretty sure we played the derby as the last game of the season a couple of years before when Eamonn Andrews ambushed Busby for This is Your Life
I have a recollection of being in their end (never ever again) at what I'd assume was the last game of the season as it was after Soton did them at Wembley.

The only reason I went was that when I got a ticket the plan was both teams would walk both cups around the ground as obviously we'd got the LC at Maine Road that season.

Not as good a day out as '74, lost, didn't see us waving the cup Infront of the scum & felt dirty as fuck being stood with the cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.