Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This feels like one of those tournament/career defining quotes from Southgate. To not have found a solution in the amount of time Kalvin Phillips has not been a first team footballer is borderline criminal.
To even think we need a natural replacement for Phillips just shows where his head is at tactically and how conservatively he approaches football

Correct, but not for Arsenal there's always someone in there with him
he did well when Kalvin Phillips was in there to hold his hand for England
He hasn't had that luxury with TAA and it shows
He ain't good enough to dictate a games tempo or control it,
Hes athletic gets round the pitch well, but at the highest level you need more and hes getting found out
If Southgate had the bollocks to play Adam Wharton you would see the difference, but he wont
Tbh it’s you who brought up club football, obviously I’m talking about his positional play for England and Rice playing far too deep and that dictating our defence and attacking options, hence the team don’t press like they would so this then affects how we can sustain attacks as a whole team, let’s agree to disagree, we’re going round in circles.

O.k, admittedly, I didn't watch much football last season other than our games but, I have never even heard of Wharton.
What position does he play and who does he play for?
Ta,

Can you imagine the level of ego and the level of stupidity that you have to have to look at a player who has just won player of the year, football writers player of the year, a fourth straight pl title and scored 19 league goals playing as a number 10 a position he was put in by the greatest manager of all time and think to yourself nah im gonna play him in somewhere else.

Can you imagine the level of ego and the level of stupidity that you have to have to look at a player who has just won player of the year, football writers player of the year, a fourth straight pl title and scored 19 league goals playing as a number 10 a position he was put in by the greatest manager of all time and think to yourself nah im gonna play him in somewhere else.

Isn't he on record last season saying he doesnt play Phil in the middle because he doesn't play there for his club? (When he had a fully fit Kevin De Bruyne in front of him for that position at the time). For arguments sake lets ignore his most recent season - there would still be a good chance Foden is the best 10 for England even if he isn't the best 10 for City.

Tbh it’s you who brought up club football, obviously I’m talking about his positional play for England and Rice playing far too deep and that dictating our defence and attacking options, hence the team don’t press like they would so this then affects how we can sustain attacks as a whole team, let’s agree to disagree, we’re going round in circles.
I'm not going round in circles I don't think you understand what I'm saying, he ain't good enough at the highest level to play as a 6, that's it, he can't dictate the tempo of a game,
Arteta soon realised that at Arsenal, that's why Jorginho is far more important to them in big games and if you really watch Rice you will see he's more of an 8 for them than a 6 for the reasons I've stated previously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.