Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its Rice that needs Phillips, that's what he means but he won't say that
It’s Southgate that needs Phillips. He needs another DM to mitigate his losing complex. The guy has PTSD from being a loser and wants to defend the life out of a game incase the demons return.

O.k, admittedly, I didn't watch much football last season other than our games but, I have never even heard of Wharton.
What position does he play and who does he play for?
Ta,
He came through Blackburns academy, is only 20, was sold to Crystal Palace in January for £18mn after a breakthrough season in the champ for Blackburn

If you consider he was playing in the Championship in Jan and has become one of the 1st names on the team sheet for Palace and was a major influence in there turn around in form,
since and then has made the England squad for the Euros that should tell you a tale
He is the closest thing I've seen in an English player to Rhodri, he is a very intelligent footballer that plays 1 and 2 touch football in tight areas he is what Foden needs in this England team and I hope to see him in a City shirt one day
Oh and no I'm not related in anyway just know a decent player when I see one

Can you imagine being a national manager who only gets limited time with his players and then passing up the opportunity when the chips are down to have five players coached by Pep in their side.

Just think he could have had:

Grealish-------Foden-------Palmer

Playing behind a centre forward, they all know each others game inside out which is a huge advantage when needed.

He came through Blackburns academy, is only 20, was sold to Crystal Palace in January for £18mn after a breakthrough season in the champ for Blackburn

If you consider he was playing in the Championship in Jan and has become one of the 1st names on the team sheet for Palace and was a major influence in there turn around in form,
since and then has made the England squad for the Euros that should tell you a tale
He is the closest thing I've seen in an English player to Rhodri, he is a very intelligent footballer that plays 1 and 2 touch football in tight areas he is what Foden needs in this England team and I hope to see him in a City shirt one day
Oh and no I'm not related in anyway just know a decent player when I see one
Closest we‘ve got to a proper 6. Should be playing from here on.

I'm not going round in circles I don't think you understand what I'm saying, he ain't good enough at the highest level to play as a 6, that's it, he can't dictate the tempo of a game,
Arteta soon realised that at Arsenal, that's why Jorginho is far more important to them in big games and if you really watch Rice you will see he's more of an 8 for them than a 6 for the reasons I've stated previously
This is so true. Rice is just not smart enough or tactically aware enough for this position. He is light years behind someone like Gareth Barry who was criminally under-rated. Rice is still a good player but he can't run midfield from the back.

Of course I understand what you’re saying, but I’m talking about him playing as a number 6 for England whether his positional play is good enough or not when he plays that role for England, and you’re bringing up Rodri and Arsenal to prove your point he’s not good enough to play there for England, iv been trying to counter your argument by saying let’s talk about him playing as DM for England but to no avail, no worries mate, good evening.
Yeah and I've said he ain't good enough to play for England in the 6 role
Used Rhodri and Arsenal as examples of why
That's it mate but yeah you have a good evening too

This is so true. Rice is just not smart enough or tactically aware enough for this position. He is light years behind someone like Gareth Barry who was criminally under-rated. Rice is still a good player but he can't run midfield from the back.
Exactly, he's not a 6 even if Southgate would have us believe it
And your bang on about Gareth Barry, exactly what England could do with now, or even a Carrick (spit)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.