Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at the difference at Aston Villa of with Gerrard and after Gerrard. That’s how big of a difference a crap vs very good manager can make.

Southgate’s CV isn’t even as good as Gerrard’s who won the Scottish title with Rangers against a dominant Celtic.

Southgate took over a pretty decent Boro side who had just been UEFA cup finalists, in Europe 2 seasons in a row and Premier league mainstays for over 10 years. They were not a bad side when he got the job. McLaren had got the England job for doing a good job with Boro, then Waistcoat too over from him...

Gareth took over and made them worse and worse until he got them relegated and they've never recovered since.

That's his entire club managerial career.

For anyone that struggles to understand what we detractors of Southgate’s football want, switch on the Spain match.

This could finished 1-nil to Spain and would have 99% of England fans’ mouths watering.

All the England players are coached by managers in the PL or in the top European leagues. Playing for England is like turning out for a Championship-managed team, levels below what they're used to on a day-to-day basis.

Rice is decent, nothing more, and as well as playing far better with Jorghino and Partey....the reason Waistcoat played him and Phillips together in the past, was because neither is (or was re Phillips) good enough to play there on their own. Rice on his own looks exactly what he is....a centre half playing in m/f.
As daft as Waistcoats comments sounded about 'replacing Phillips' that's what he was probably alluding to ;)
Rice has been very good in comparison to everyone but Guehi & Stones & maybe walker.... He's been solid, he could definitely do that job on his own - particularly against "lesser" teams. The fact that southgate doesn't think he can is an indictment on Southgate, not rice. I know we hate everyone who's in another premier league team, but he's a good footballer, and certainly worthy of his place - as for our "No. 8". Fuck me. Lets clear the shit off the floor before complaining about the colour of the carpet.

I will get my gloating in now, in case you come good and I don’t get a chance later.

What a shock, England, favourites, have played for about 20 minutes, as good as it was, in 190 minutes. Woeful tonight.

I loved Shearer looking as if his head was going to explode. That would have been lovely.

You’re through, but if you play like that in the knockout stage, you’re back home a couple of days after us. I thought they were about to reach for the Koolade in the studio, again, no such fucking luck.

Watching Spain, look brilliant but can’t score. Different level.
I have more respect for the Scotland team set up than England's.
Considering your games played, you've done alright.
England, good lord.... they are in a proper tiz!

All the England players are coached by managers in the PL or in the top European leagues. Playing for England is like turning out for a Championship-managed team, levels below what they're used to on a day-to-day basis.

Imagine working with Pep everyday and then going to Southgate. I know players won't say it publicly but they have to be thinking it.

We've all worked with people who are way below standard at their job than what you're used to. do they think the likes of Stones and Foden don't talk with each other and private talk about the difference?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.