Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shearer's comment about Stones not moving into midfield, why do you think that our best centre half is hanging back, you bald geordie twat?

A brand new defensive partnership and a keeper who inspires little confidence.

Also, TAA, just why?

Sure everyone saw bellingham lose a tackle end up on the turf and not get a free kick? He spent 20-30 seconds throwing his arms up, as the game passed him by.

And why not try Phil on the right?

I think our first and only knockout game will be against the Germans.

Southgate took over a pretty decent Boro side who had just been UEFA cup finalists, in Europe 2 seasons in a row and Premier league mainstays for over 10 years. They were not a bad side when he got the job. McLaren had got the England job for doing a good job with Boro, then Waistcoat too over from him...

Gareth took over and made them worse and worse until he got them relegated and they've never recovered since.

That's his entire club managerial career.
He can say yes sir though.

35c8b72ae3cac1896e1daf284c5fce36.jpg

If anyone had ever a thought that Southgate knew what he was doing, surely that's evaporated by now. That tactics board in the England dressing room must be still in its wrapper.

Individuals but not a team. No plan. No togetherness.

The team that wins the euros is almost inevitably the team that bonds best, find their best system and digs in to get the results in the knockout rounds.

There are players on that squad obviously not of international quality. There are players in that squad who are obviously not team players. That's on Southgate. When the doors shut and they set up euro camp, it should be them against us, siege mentality. Not squirming out of defeats against Iceland and impotent tournament performances with niceties, it was hard out there and well dones all round. It should be get with it or get benched.

Kane, stay up front otherwise we go with a second striker and you play quarterback
Bellingham, you're not going to win anything your own so look up occasionally.
Rice, find a purpose in the team FFS
Trent, the experiment didn't work so let's all stop pretending he can play centre midfield

Know what I'd do? I got lambasted on here for suggesting it a few months back, but I'd drop Kane. Make him hungry to score, not to play sweeper.

I'd probably even think about a back three, with stones being that second midfielder alongside rice. Play Arnold right wingback, Gordon left. Have the ability to go wide or through the middle, and fcuk defending because it ain't happening this tournament.

----------------------------Pickford---------------------------------

---------------Walker---------------------Guehi-----------------

---Arnold--------Stones---------Rice---------Gordon----

--Palmer-------------Bellingham----------Foden---------

----------------------------Watkins---------------------------------

Wèll I'd play Walker in goal
Drop Bellendingham and Arnold
ans put Foden in rhe middle.
Keep Kane up front.
Fill the vacant positions with players who want it the most.
Saka and Toney perhaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.