Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southgate has had plenty of time to look at natural left-backs and while there may be a shortage of good English ones Mitchell at Palace always looked okay to me. Instead he goes with a right back in Trippier and Luke Shaw despite the latter not playing for weeks. Absolutely Average has barely played in midfield yet is a starter at a major international tournament and seemingly thrown in at the last minute, great planning !! What was Eze's role tonight? I like him but what did Mr. Nice say to him regarding tactics? We're not as good as people make out but I'm sure we'd be much better under someone with half a football brain. If we click it will be down to the players, probably similar to the 1990 World Cup and little to do with the Boro relegator. This side doesn't scream goals so as far as I'm concerned it was imperative that we found a way with Foden yet he just doesn't bother and expects Harry to score all the goals. Just think ourselves lucky that his mate the other Harry isn't starting ahead of Guehi........

Pep has ruined me. Game was crying out for a Grealish or Gundo or Mahrez to keep the ball and drag some players out of position. Rodri is the best to ever do it in England. Foden is looking for pockets of space no one will make for him. Why can no one pass. What's going on. Pep has ruined football for me forever, the mad bald twat, I love him.
He has also ruined it for Foden - who has grown up with players who find him with precise passes and give him passing options or create space with runs that pull defenders out of place. With England, he doesn't get the pass, or it is too slow or wayward. And so he’s stretching, or taking an extra touch and his own pass is then mistimed.

Noticeable that the first chance he had came from a precise, drilled pass by Walker, and the goal came from Foden making a near post run that Walker looked to find - resulting in the deflection to Kane.

You can see Foden getting more cautious as he tries to match the slower pace of those around him and it all gets so frustrating. He must watch the German matches so jealous of the way Gundo makes it so easy for Musiala and Wirtz to get the ball in dangerous places.

That they've never found a replacement for Kalvin Philips. For me the suggestion is that pep ruined him...blame pep....but then I might be paranoid.
He's not injured is he.

If not what stopped the waistcoat still picking him? He'd be the freshest lad in the squad.

I have been a big supporter of Southgate before the tournament and have frequently said that outside of Sir Alf, he's the best manager we've had. No one else has ever taken us to a final and he's turned playing for England from a chore to a pleasure.

However, I've been VERY disappointed with what I've seen so far. I know we can sometimes over-hype our players but I honestly think that Walker, Stones, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, Foden, Rice, Kane and Bellingham would walk into most teams around the world. We all know these players can turn or run a game and you don't play for the top clubs if you're a clown.

Denmark and Serbia aren't packed with players from the top teams in the PL, Liga and Bundesliga are they, yet we've made them look our equals. I get it's sometimes hard to break teams down but today we were absolutely diabolical.

We look like we've had no preparation and quite honestly we look clueless and tired. Kane, Foden and TAA in particular look out of their depth and there's no way they are clowns. We look like we've never played together before. We look slow, nervous, negative and like we've no real idea as to what we're doing. In contrast, Denmark and Serbia looked like solid teams.

Honestly, I am only hoping that we're doing something bizarre like trying to copy Pep (that's what Southgate does) in trying to save energy for the knockouts or something but I'm not confident.

If it doesn't get any better then I'm sure all Englishmen will demand he resigns his post and takes up the kind off from Scruffy Jim and carries on at united ;)

Southgate will destroy the confidence of quite a few of these lads.

He has so many of them playing in forced roles. Three right-backs on the pitch. Foden is wide left. Bellingham doing whatever the fuck he wants - while achieving fuck all. Kane sauntering about dropping deep and getting in the way of everyone else.

The TAA thing has to stop. Everyone knew it was doomed to failure. The team is so disjointed with absolutely no identity or structure - and the fault lies with the spineless wanker in charge.

It's beginning to look like he's losing the squad. He's alienating many to indulge a few.
Absolutely bang on !!
He said post match “ it was a different game and a different challenge “, “i know with the profile of players we’ve got we’re not sure how to press up the pitch “ WTF it was a fooking group game Gareth same as the last game and the one infront , he’s losing this and the players can see it . TV pictures at halftime as they were coming out for the second half was really worrying they looked absolutely bewildered. There’s something clearly not right that’s for sure. The comment on experimenting is telling us he’s taken Englands group too lightly. Pathetic post match comments from an England manager.

I have been the game and having a few sherbets here in germany, not very good today but a point that adds to the three we get next Tuesday. Everyone knows a decent coach fires this set of players to success, he ain't and never has been my Atomic Kitten but I support my country whoever is in charge and never turn against the team cos of manager.
When we have never left their side at City with Alan Ball, Frank Clark etc it's all about sticking with it. July 14th Final Berlin certainly hope so, booked flight home from there on 15th!! Keep the faith those that care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.