Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just want everyone to be prepared for the onslaught that is coming tomorrow — study the behaviour, understand the motivations, commit the weaknesses to memory, so you can survive:

Said it after the first match and I'll say it again - playing Phil on the left but compromising with him by allowing him to move central whenever he wants is detrimental to his game and more importantly, to the balance of the team.

Someone needs to use the left wing space.

Due to poor squad planning, the only actual left back is injured. Trippier's doing a job there but he doesn't really offer much in attacking areas, and as a right-footer without blistering pace he's not going to go bombing up the wing on the overlap.

So we need our left winger to provide the width. That means that you either apply a bit of discipline to Phil's game and make him use that space, which won't necessarily get the best out of him but will create space for other players and help the team, or you drop Phil (or swap him into a central position) and play someone on the left wing who's used to playing that role.

I was tearing my hair out when Southgate took Phil off and brought on Eze, who immediately went to the middle of the pitch and stayed in that area until the final whistle.

No-one's stretching the width or providing space from that side and it makes everything unbalanced and far too predictable.

I have been a big supporter of Southgate before the tournament and have frequently said that outside of Sir Alf, he's the best manager we've had. No one else has ever taken us to a final and he's turned playing for England from a chore to a pleasure.

However, I've been VERY disappointed with what I've seen so far. I know we can sometimes over-hype our players but I honestly think that Walker, Stones, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, Foden, Rice, Kane and Bellingham would walk into most teams around the world. We all know these players can turn or run a game and you don't play for the top clubs if you're a clown.

Denmark and Serbia aren't packed with players from the top teams in the PL, Liga and Bundesliga are they, yet we've made them look our equals. I get it's sometimes hard to break teams down but today we were absolutely diabolical.

We look like we've had no preparation and quite honestly we look clueless and tired. Kane, Foden and TAA in particular look out of their depth and there's no way they are clowns. We look like we've never played together before. We look slow, nervous, negative and like we've no real idea as to what we're doing. In contrast, Denmark and Serbia looked like solid teams.

Honestly, I am only hoping that we're doing something bizarre like trying to copy Pep (that's what Southgate does) in trying to save energy for the knockouts or something but I'm not confident.

If it doesn't get any better then I'm sure all Englishmen will demand he resigns his post and takes up the kind off from Scruffy Jim and carries on at united ;)
Wow, are you new to this game called football!

I thought Ten Haag was an idiot (he is) and constantly talking bollocks. However, Southgate is even fucking worse. He's becoming a fucking embarrassment. Talking about Kalvin Phillips.

The man is drowning in his arrogance and ineptitude. Sadly he's taking a few with him.

Said it after the first match and I'll say it again - playing Phil on the left but compromising with him by allowing him to move central whenever he wants is detrimental to his game and more importantly, to the balance of the team.

Someone needs to use the left wing space.

Due to poor squad planning, the only actual left back is injured. Trippier's doing a job there but he doesn't really offer much in attacking areas, and as a right-footer without blistering pace he's not going to go bombing up the wing on the overlap.

So we need our left winger to provide the width. That means that you either apply a bit of discipline to Phil's game and make him use that space, which won't necessarily get the best out of him but will create space for other players and help the team, or you drop Phil (or swap him into a central position) and play someone on the left wing who's used to playing that role.

I was tearing my hair out when Southgate took Phil off and brought on Eze, who immediately went to the middle of the pitch and stayed in that area until the final whistle.

No-one's stretching the width or providing space from that side and it makes everything unbalanced and far too predictable.
I think he has to try Gordon on the left and go with Phil inside and drop absolutely average. Would like to see Palmer given a bit of sub time too

I have been a big supporter of Southgate before the tournament and have frequently said that outside of Sir Alf, he's the best manager we've had. No one else has ever taken us to a final and he's turned playing for England from a chore to a pleasure.

However, I've been VERY disappointed with what I've seen so far. I know we can sometimes over-hype our players but I honestly think that Walker, Stones, Saka, Alexander-Arnold, Foden, Rice, Kane and Bellingham would walk into most teams around the world. We all know these players can turn or run a game and you don't play for the top clubs if you're a clown.

Denmark and Serbia aren't packed with players from the top teams in the PL, Liga and Bundesliga are they, yet we've made them look our equals. I get it's sometimes hard to break teams down but today we were absolutely diabolical.

We look like we've had no preparation and quite honestly we look clueless and tired. Kane, Foden and TAA in particular look out of their depth and there's no way they are clowns. We look like we've never played together before. We look slow, nervous, negative and like we've no real idea as to what we're doing. In contrast, Denmark and Serbia looked like solid teams.

Honestly, I am only hoping that we're doing something bizarre like trying to copy Pep (that's what Southgate does) in trying to save energy for the knockouts or something but I'm not confident.

If it doesn't get any better then I'm sure all Englishmen will demand he resigns his post and takes up the kind off from Scruffy Jim and carries on at united ;)
The players do not look out of their depth - what a ridiculous statement. They are being badly managed. That is clear. All they need is a game plan and coaching properly. These are top quality players playing at the absolute top level, they don’t suddenly become ‘out of their depth.’ Southgate has to shoulder the responsibility here. He took the plaudits when things went his way, he now has to realise he is not up to it. He has to step up or f**k off. I have never rated him, so I don’t think he can step up..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.