Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd play Bellingham and Gordon on the wings and Foden and Palmer in the middle.

I'd have Rice and Stones as the anchors in the middle.

England plays too passively and deeply. They need to push push push. Even as far as to go route one.

Patient football works when the whole team are top notch and are in sync. When you haven't that you just need to play like you want it more.

England play like they are waiting for a gift.
I'd be tempted to fuck Rice off and stick Stones in there instead. fuck it go mental and go for Stones, Foden, Palmer in the centre at least we'll control the game then and they'll actually pass to each other. Shame Grealish isn't there as well

England are shit. The only time they looked decent was a bit in Italia 90 but we had a pensioner in nets who couldn't save his own dribble. In 96:they were awful but were rescued by one piece of Gazza brilliance. Southgate took the worst penalty in history. I didn't care because was gutted about City going down.

They were a long way from awful in ‘96. They didn’t lose a game. The Gascoigne goal was a late second in a 2-0 win, so hardly could be said to have rescued them.

And the hammering of a decent Holland side was probably one of the best England performances in the last 30 odd years.

Today told us that the "Arnold pretending to be Beckham" experiment has failed. WOW! So shocked, who saw that coming?

Drop Arnold, he can't play the role (he's pretty shit at right-back too, but he's totally out of his depth in midfield).
Shove Bellingham back to sit next to Rice.
Let Foden play as the central attacking midfielder.
Stick Gordon on the left and Saka on the right.
Either tell Kane to be a centre forward and not to drop into Midfield; if he can't or won't, then drop the dope.

I'd even be tempted to play a false nine with Palmer, can't be much worse than today, can it?

Today told us that the "Arnold pretending to be Beckham" experiment has failed. WOW! So shocked, who saw that coming?

Drop Arnold, he can't play the role (he's pretty shit at right-back too, but he's totally out of his depth in midfield).
Shove Bellingham back to sit next to Rice.
Let Foden play as the central attacking midfielder.
Stick Gordon on the left and Saka on the right.
Either tell Kane to be a centre forward and not to drop into Midfield; if he can't or won't, then drop the dope.

I'd even be tempted to play a false nine with Palmer, can't be much worse than today, can it?
Agreed but swop Palmer for Gordon.

Palmer is the man in form, has to be given a chance.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Southgate!

"Don't tell him Jude"

Southgate is fucking shite, he should be a suit running the FA not managing the team.

Don't give me this bollocks about making Semis and Finals etc.
The way they have changed the qualification criteria for these tournaments means any old shiite can get there.

We are shit, boring and useless with very good players looking crap, that has to be down to the manager!
Ffs even the sweaties have a chance of getting out of the group that’s how easy it is

The players do not look out of their depth - what a ridiculous statement. They are being badly managed. That is clear. All they need is a game plan and coaching properly. These are top quality players playing at the absolute top level, they don’t suddenly become ‘out of their depth.’ Southgate has to shoulder the responsibility here. He took the plaudits when things went his way, he now has to realise he is not up to it. He has to step up or f**k off. I have never rated him, so I don’t think he can step up..
Bang on this squad im my opinion is more than good enough to win the thing but dadly the coach isnt.

I mean imagine having our forward line and somehow turning it into such a bad forward line.

Btw is it so hard for the interviewer not to press Southgate on why we sit back on a 1-0 lead ???? The way he was going on it was a first for him when its gone on for years.
We actually looked like a good side until we take the lead and he cannot see an issue with it.

That was painful.
Southgate’s tactics are so, so predictable, he’s doing half the job for the opposition managers.
Persisting with TAA was akin to the delusional mental gymnastics a gambler employs “this time …”
The players look shackled, playing so below their club form, it was painful.
All these players have club managers, so, so superior to Southgate, it’s all becoming painfully obvious that Southgate is out of his depth, hasn’t a clue, & it’s not like it’s not a shock, all the friendlies & warm up games have been the same turgid crap.
Either the penny drops (doubtful) or there needs to be some kind of intervention, either from assistant coaches, or players telling Southgate, it’s just not working!
The England team played like a Sunday league team, on a Sunday league pitch.
I wasn’t even angry at the players, because I can imagine how frustrated Phil feels, you could see him busting his balls to drag the team out of that Torpour, desperate to wake the team up.
On the day that Donald Sutherland died, the image that’s conjured up is England players with pods under their beds being slowly turned into Southgate clones, lifeless, mindless husks without personality.
Wake the fuck up!

I loved the fact that after half-time in the first England game, Lineker launched into a party political broadcast on behalf of Ser Harry Kane and his lack of touches in the game as he could score with only one touch.

By the end of the second England game, Lineker said that Kane needs to be dropped as he doesn't help enough in the build up.

tu3xhUI.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.