Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why was Shearer banging on about Stones failure to join up in midfield and push forward like he does at City? Is he really that fucking monumentally thick? Does he not realise it’s a plan that city train and work on constantly, where other players know where to be when he does and what positions to take up? That he doesn’t just take it upon himself on a whim.
You could pick random people from the streets and put them in those studios and they would make more sense.

for those concerned about my disappearance!

fair to say it was a heavy one.

Positives - Harry Kane off the mark, Walker and defence good again, Top of the group, Unbeaten. the Danes i was with enjoyed it.

Negatives - we was poor again, slow, gave away the ball loads- i wasn't against Trent in the middle as i like his range of passing and he can score - but i concede it doesn't look like it's going to work for him there.

I think GS will make a few changes against Slovenia

I see you as Bluemoons England correspondent so I’d like ask you your views on a couple of things (genuinely not taking the piss).

- do you think England dropping back after scoring is on Southgate?

- do you think Foden should be in the 10 over Bellingham?

- has Palmer left his shin pads in London?

- why is Rice not able to play the 6 on his todd?

- why does Southgate think Phillips is Ngolo Kante?

- why does Kane think he can keep dropping into midfield and give us no outball? (relating to this, why the fuck does Southgate not tell him to stay up top and stop getting in every other fuckers way)

Why was Shearer banging on about Stones failure to join up in midfield and push forward like he does at City? Is he really that fucking monumentally thick? Does he not realise it’s a plan that city train and work on constantly, where other players know where to be when he does and what positions to take up? That he doesn’t just take it upon himself on a whim.
You could pick random people from the streets and put them in those studios and they would make more sense.
He was just highlighting how shite southgate is, not picking on JS, fair enough for me.

I see you as Bluemoons England correspondent so I’d like ask you your views on a couple of things (genuinely not taking the piss).

- do you think England dropping back after scoring is on Southgate?

- do you think Foden should be in the 10 over Bellingham?

- has Palmer left his shin pads in London?

- why is Rice not able to play the 6 on his todd?

- why does Southgate think Phillips is Ngolo Kante?

- why does Kane think he can keep dropping into midfield and give us no outball? (relating to this, why the fuck does Southgate not tell him to stay up top and stop getting in every other fuckers way)

another time. i can barely function today.

But it's the fact England over the past few years haven't even had the vision to develop their style of play to utilise the likes of Stones and his ability to do things like that. I know national teams don't get the same time to work on these things but it's not rocket science either, they're all premier league footballers. I'm sure with the right tactical guidance they could do a decent approximation of setting up how they do for their clubs.

5 of our 10 outfield players play for City and Arsenal, the two best teams in England by some distance and we don't even think to set a team up so the players can play in a way they excel at in very good teams.

Like I said in a thread a few days ago, if you look at the Spain team that won the World Cup, they didn't play a million miles away from how Barcelona play because they had Barcelona players and even though they didn't have Pep managing Spain, their manager understood to get them to at least approximate it to a degree. if you look at the German team that won the World Cup after that , they played like good Bundesliga teams did.

We play nothing like a good Premier league side and a way the players are used to. That's what friendlies and the camps are for, to get a proper team and style.

He knows he can do that because rodri etc are disciplined enough to drop into an area to cover him and seeing as twent cant even drop into the areas he should be in when playing in midfield that likelihood of him being intelligent enough to cover those areas is between slim and none and stones doing that would be a recipe for disaster which would be immediately blamed on stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.