Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Helped by a Russian linesman who held grudge ;-)

He was Tofiq Bahramov and was from Azerbaijan not Russia. There is often confusion over this as Azerbaijan was a Soviet Republic at the time and many people used Russian and Soviet interchangeably.
He became a referee after a serious injury ended his career as a player.

We've got a pub area hired out with a bunch of Danish clients with us. will be good fun.

for those concerned about my disappearance!

fair to say it was a heavy one.

Positives - Harry Kane off the mark, Walker and defence good again, Top of the group, Unbeaten. the Danes i was with enjoyed it.

Negatives - we was poor again, slow, gave away the ball loads- i wasn't against Trent in the middle as i like his range of passing and he can score - but i concede it doesn't look like it's going to work for him there.

I think GS will make a few changes against Slovenia

for those concerned about my disappearance!

fair to say it was a heavy one.

Positives - Harry Kane off the mark, Walker and defence good again, Top of the group, Unbeaten. the Danes i was with enjoyed it.

Negatives - we was poor again, slow, gave away the ball loads- i wasn't against Trent in the middle as i like his range of passing and he can score - but i concede it doesn't look like it's going to work for him there.

I think GS will make a few changes against Slovenia
The team are playing as if they don't know each other. What time the fuck is going on in training who knows.

They are a disjointed mess and the cause of this is Southgate but yet again you seem strangely reluctant to criticise him

Quite obvious what needs to happen - bellingham drop deeper, Phil in the 10 role and a proper winger out wide

But spitty has released an article saying Foden needs to be dropped - the absolute scouse prick

I cant believe Kane has said they didnt know when to press!!! Another bullet in the coffin for southgate the absolute clueless wanker.

There must be no actual coaching going on with this total drip

Pep: Win Every game. Take risks. Make Mistakes. The more risks we take the more we'll win than lose.

Waistcoat: Play safe. Don't make any mistakes.

No wonder our players are confused.

Spot on. Southgate’s setup is not to lose rather than to try and win. He has no concept of how to use an attacking midfield with his tactics of having Lionel Pickford put his laces through it to use his exceptional range of passing and hope for the best.

I get where he comes from on a lot of stuff. We'd all probably pick slightly different squads and systems and tactics so there's never going to be universal agreement for what an England manager does, and overall his record has been second to Sir Alf. You can talk about easy fixtures and a lack of getting over the line in certain games, but there have been good England squads in previous decades who haven't got out of groups or have been far worse. This isn't the best collection of English players ever, when you look at the technical ability of the likes of Spain and Germany we're miles off - no one wants to keep the ball for starters.

But whilst most of us are incredibly critical (rightly), he is willing to just ignore it and back the team - I would imagine as you say he'll take the point as it means we're pretty much assured of qualifying one way or another.

Fair summary, thanks.

When City lose (apart from the Cup final this year) it takes me a couple of hours at the most to get over it.
Normally when England lose it takes me a couple of minutes.... not this game. This game I am still fuming about. Partly because I feel that Wasted Waistcoat is definitely wasting the best players. Kane is past it, River needs a kick up the back side, (he is not a bad player, not good enough for City but..) Bellthingy needs to be put out to pasture and shown how his oversized ego needs to pipe down, Phil needs to forget that some of them are older than him and take them by the scruff of the neck and show them how it's done. Kyle wants to put his arm round a couple of players and say look this is how we do it, RUN for goodness sake. John Boy welll let's face it he's perfect. ;-) and look how he has shown Guehi to follow in his footsteps.
Trippier wasn't too bad just needs to forget the rest and concentrate on his game. Rice, well he might be better with fried chicken and Saka did have a couple of good passes.

That's my take on a miserable night and it is probably not what you think but hey ho it is my opinion. :-)

EDIT: Plus every single player, even those who didn't feature in as many matches as a certain three players were flaming well tired from exhausting seasons. It's time they had a summer off.
Could be a job coming up soon, interested ?

Well, here's my prediction as to how it will pan out (for what it's worth):

England will scrape past Slovenia, and will qualify for the knock-out rounds.

England will win the tournament, largely thanks to some other fancied teams being surprisingly knocked out - and of course a couple of Kane penalties.

And Southgate will receive a knighthood in the next New Year's Honours List.

Remember - you heard it here first.

I’ll have some of whatever you’re drinking pal ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.