Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite obvious what needs to happen - bellingham drop deeper, Phil in the 10 role and a proper winger out wide

But spitty has released an article saying Foden needs to be dropped - the absolute scouse prick

I cant believe Kane has said they didnt know when to press!!! Another bullet in the coffin for southgate the absolute clueless wanker.

There must be no actual coaching going on with this total drip
There’s a mood of disquiet & dissent criticising Southgate from usually staunch supporters like Lineker & others on the BBC. The common consensus is that Rice. & Bellingham need to drop back & Foden push up into his No.10 role, & get a proper winger in.
Let’s see if the light penetrates his defensive mindset

I get where he comes from on a lot of stuff. We'd all probably pick slightly different squads and systems and tactics so there's never going to be universal agreement for what an England manager does, and overall his record has been second to Sir Alf. You can talk about easy fixtures and a lack of getting over the line in certain games, but there have been good England squads in previous decades who haven't got out of groups or have been far worse. This isn't the best collection of English players ever, when you look at the technical ability of the likes of Spain and Germany we're miles off - no one wants to keep the ball for starters.

But whilst most of us are incredibly critical (rightly), he is willing to just ignore it and back the team - I would imagine as you say he'll take the point as it means we're pretty much assured of qualifying one way or another.
It’s a trait with anyone who puts on an England shirt, the ball becomes a hot potato and they are scared to death to make a mistake and panic sets in. It’s happened ever since I can remember. But yesterday was different, the lack of energy was astounding

The technical ability is every bit as good as in those teams. It's also younger and supposedly fitter.
The blame is firmly at that weak but nice, yes man's door. Tactically and in motivation he's is woefully lacking.
The do it for nice Gareth honeymoon is long over. We now need a football manager.

It's not in the critical area of the pitch - the middle of the park. We don't have a midfielder comfortable at getting on the ball and dictating the tempo of the game.

Southgate doesn't want that though I should make clear. He wants to play the way France and Argentina do - on the counter. He wants us to sit in and then press when it comes into midfield. He wants the opposition coming onto us so there's space to attack behind them. Kane dropping in, Sterling and Saka running off him - that was how we played best in the Euro's. Press on occasion, but then drop in and Kalvin and Rice snap into action, steal the ball and we go again.

We would all play a possession based game, but there's no Vitinha/Rodri/Kroos who wants the ball constantly and will control the tempo and connect defence with attack. So he'll stick with how we played before, but because Foden is so good he wants him in the team even though he doesn't make the run in behind.

We're not going to play any other way. We're not going to see Foden-Bellingham-Rice in midfield. So drop Foden or Bellingham and have one as the 10 and someone out wide.

Maybe its the old rope a dope and big Gazza will put out a decent balanced team after the group stages that will propel England all the way to Euro glory!

Or not.

He will probably double down, tactically anyway. Couple of straight swaps with Foden and Arnold on the bench.

Everyone in the media and fans are calling out for different tactics. You've even got Ferdinand maligning waistcoat and begging him to play Phil in the middle.

I've a feeling Southgate will be stubborn, so as not to be seen as weak and easily influenced.

Luckily for him, our next opponents aren't much good. He will drop Foden and swap Arnold for Gallagher, keeping the same tactics. England will win, people will think the answer was dropping Foden. Then England will qualify, finally come up against a good side with Foden on the bench, be losing the game and he'll finally bring Phil back on when we're 10 minutes from elimination, put him centrally and we suddenly look a threat but it's too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.