Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No team, tactics, squad selection will ever please regardless of the manager. So just go with the flow and hope for the best - it’s been a good period for England fans under Southgate for many years now
Watching us beat shite in the group stages and going out to the first decent team we play? Predictable and boring I’d say, I would like to see us go out with the intent of putting teams to the sword

Watching us beat shite in the group stages and going out to the first decent team we play? Predictable and boring I’d say, I would like to see us go out with the intent of putting teams to the sword

Predictable and boring is these comments - last Euros we got the f*ckin final. The last 2 out of 54 countries who could qualify and win.
Do the rest who come nowhere near all moan and whinge like our nation?

Any ‘decent’ side we do beat are never labelled ‘decent’ when we beat them - it’s always ‘should be beating these anyway’ or ‘they’re not as good as they’re used to be’ etc.

It’s just a moanfest for you and others.

Equally I don’t want any nervy short passes leading to pressure put on us and giving away possession in our box. International stage where the cohesion between players isn’t the same as the PL- I’d say most of the time just get rid!
Plus Pickford hasn’t got the ability as Ederson or Alison with his feet.

This is true. As much as watching Pickford hoof it up right to the opposition looks archaic after watching the likes of City, you have to keep in mind the situation.

He's got the likes of Rice to pass to and Rice isn't that comfortable taking the ball in that position and likely to play it straight back to a defender, giving the opposition even more time to press and put England under pressure. There's only Stones that can really take the ball with such comfort playing out from the back and even then you have to trust Pickford actually has the ability to pick out the right pass, weight it correctly etc. I wouldn't be confident he could. The reason he hoofs it is probably because he isn't confident in trying it either and if that's the case then it's probably for the best.

Looking forward to the Pre-game walkout.

My English mate, ex SC holder now lives in Dansk & his grandson (to a Dane who is also a mad blue) is a Mascot for the Danish side via a compy through Lidl.

He's a right lucky little bugger, this will be his second 'proper' game, the other was the Copenhagen game last season when Phil gave him his shirt after the game.

This is true. As much as watching Pickford hoof it up right to the opposition looks archaic after watching the likes of City, you have to keep in mind the situation.

He's got the likes of Rice to pass to and Rice isn't that comfortable taking the ball in that position and likely to play it straight back to a defender, giving the opposition even more time to press and put England under pressure. There's only Stones that can really take the ball with such comfort playing out from the back and even then you have to trust Pickford actually has the ability to pick out the right pass, weight it correctly etc. I wouldn't be confident he could. The reason he hoofs it is probably because he isn't confident in trying it either and if that's the case then it's probably for the best.

disagree on Rice , he's a class act on the ball and doesn't give it away. would say it's just a risk trying to play out at the back under pressure when you have 4 defenders that aren't used to playing with each other - I've seen it a lot this tournament with major teams getting rid instead of passing out.

Looking forward to another footballing feast served up by our Gareth.

1-0 England

Kane penalty after 4 minutes
Will be interesting to see what he does. We played like a team with 3 right backs on the field last time out.

Let's see what he does. He's highly likely to put the same team out.

Predictable and boring is these comments - last Euros we got the f*ckin final. The last 2 out of 54 countries who could qualify and win.
Do the rest who come nowhere near all moan and whinge like our nation?

Any ‘decent’ side we do beat are never labelled ‘decent’ when we beat them - it’s always ‘should be beating these anyway’ or ‘they’re not as good as they’re used to be’ etc.

It’s just a moanfest for you and others.
What decent teams have we beaten? If we played to our strengths and came up short i think most on here wouldn’t complain. It would be good to watch and exciting.Watching our style and tactics never progress and seeing a world class talent like Foden is why we moan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.