Derby post match thread 10/09/2016

I know it's probably already been mentioned numerous times, but I'm genuinely surprised at how quiet Pogba was in that game. I thought he'd have been able to get on the ball plenty in that second half but he was completely anonymous.

Could be a new rag marketing ploy to sell a few billion more bits of rag-related shit - PogbAnon.

A well deserved win .
Kevin de Bruyne’s cool finish and Kelechi Iheanacho’s tap-in after the Belgian hit the post put City in complete control as they outclassed Mourinho’s Rag's for most of the opening 45 minutes.
The Rags were handed a lifeline just before the break when City’s debutant keeper Claudio Bravo summed up his desperately uncertain display by dropping a free-kick to allow Zlatan Ibrahimovic to pull a goal back.
They mounted an aerial siege in front of the Stretford End but City held firm to maintain their position at the top of the table, coming closest to scoring when De Bruyne struck an upright from Leroy Sane’s pass.
For me KdB (motm) , closely followed by Merlin ,Ferny and Otto.
Sagna , Kolorov and Stones put in ‘gritty’ performances. Nolito seems an intelligent player.
Sterling – a bit anonymous , and I won’t mention our keeper.
At the end of a great performance usually people shout ‘Bravo’ – but they did not mean it affectionately.
Kelechi , subbed after his earlier goal. He has a great strike rate in the PL.
The Rags were all physical, huff and puff.
How did Rooney not get sent off for at least 6 fouls.
Imho , overall Clatters did OK – when other refs. would have spoilt the game.

Nope, Twattenburg says he didn't see that one and the entire sport will have the piss taken out of it. They're about as likely, because it's not going to happen.

I just hope media gives our players and the manager the credit they deserve for a fantastic win against so many odds (best striker OUT, Mourinho's impressive record at home, midgets against tall physical players etc. ), rather than spoil the narrative with penalties and red card claims like Mourinho and Sounness mentioned after the game.

brilliant ,i am delighted with that ,it was like barca v wimbledon, what a team we now have when a manager can improve the sum of parts , one or two on here a little unsure of sane really guys its his first 20 min pre season run out and you can see that he has "got it" what a future for this club drink it in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.