Derby Post Match

Lucky Toma said:
The rags' grievance seems to centre on Oliver's refusal to dish out yellows for Zaba and Fernando early on - which would have resulted in dismissals for either later on.

The stupid fuckers don't seem to appreciate that Oliver patently went into the game with a strategy not to get his book out in the opening 25 minutes unless there was anything malicious. That way he could avoid a card-fest and - ironically - limit the chances of a 11 v 10 too early on.
It was the only decent thing he did yesterday.

After the 25 min mark - and obviously frustrated with the raft of poor challenges made by both sides - he started booking players.

Our lot were savvy enough to realise this. As soon as the first yellow was produced they started to stay on their feet, tackled with more caution. Was encouraging to see the boys use some astute match management.

Van Gaal was right to state that Smalling was 'stupid' but the same could be said of several of his team-mates too.

Agreed 100%.

The perfect fumble said:
Ah!....

B1eSpJ8CEAA8iuI.jpg:large

And now it all makes sense.

Did anyone notice the way Hart fronted up to him after the first Smalling yellow? Was funny to watch but a bit risky too.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Mister Appointment said:
oh yes....already had them on text but they are just in denial...

Oh my word. The most expensive starting XI in premier league history and they played route one hoof ball to Fellaini. Wow. Makes it all even more hilarious.

The muted reaction from the press gang tells me everything I need to know though. Had we lost that match - no let me take that back - had we drawn that match the headlines would be about City in crisis, title over, pressure on Pellegrini, etc. But it seems not a peep about King Louis I'm so good Moyes had a better record than me.

Had a look at the reports today,very muted about our victory..They could be in the shit big time I think.
No top four for them in my opinion...next 6 games they could be cut adrift...sweet.
Still think Di Maria in our team would be amazing.

Yup Di Maria is a class above I have to admit. What really impressed me about him yesterday was how he covered their defensive frailties, got back and played it out of danger no trouble.
Aside from all that he offers elsewhere he'd probably make an outstanding left-back too.

Lucky Toma said:
Mister Appointment said:
Oh my word. The most expensive starting XI in premier league history and they played route one hoof ball to Fellaini. Wow. Makes it all even more hilarious.

The muted reaction from the press gang tells me everything I need to know though. Had we lost that match - no let me take that back - had we drawn that match the headlines would be about City in crisis, title over, pressure on Pellegrini, etc. But it seems not a peep about King Louis I'm so good Moyes had a better record than me.

Had a look at the reports today,very muted about our victory..They could be in the shit big time I think.
No top four for them in my opinion...next 6 games they could be cut adrift...sweet.

Yup Di Maria is a class above I have to admit. What really impressed me about him yesterday was how he covered their defensive frailties, got back and played it out of danger no trouble.
Aside from all that he offers elsewhere he'd probably make an outstanding left-back too.

Aren't they commited to buy Falcao next summer for big bucks?
I'd love for us to sign Reus but fear Bayern will get him. If no top 4 at the swamp,I wonder if we could ever get Di Maria

Lucky Toma said:
Mister Appointment said:

He's been poor against Chelsea and City and that's his problem - he's inconsistent

If you were impressed with Di maria and his tracking back, then you must have been blown away by Navas.

I take a derbywin anytime anyday, no matter what way it comes.

Thought we played well, yet consious due to recent results, and slowly creating more danger in front of their goalkeeper until the moment Smalling was sent off. I don't often cheer a sending off as you'll often see a referee somehow trying to make up for it and putting the pressure to the team with 11. We could have been out of sight when we finally broke them down if the ref at least awarded one penalty. The second goal was needed to keep out the nerves and split thought of going to sit deeper and defend, or keep trying to kill the game off. Pellegrini thought the latter, but the players didn't pick it up leading to a few unnecessary nervy moments.

Think Clichy did well, Demichelis is just wonderfull, and Aguero was outstanding. A lot of improvement needed and I hope we can build on from this one. We fully deserved it. It could have been another big score on the day. Maybe it's a good thing that didn't happen because Van Genius still thinks they are now equal to us and Chelsea and I want that thought to stay in their camp as long as possible. They have another full week to do some training, when we got some other business to take care off.

Marvin said:
Lucky Toma said:

He's been poor against Chelsea and City and that's his problem - he's inconsistent

If you were impressed with Di maria and his tracking back, then you must have been blown away by Navas.

Wouldn't say he was poor yesterday. Just drifted in and out of the game.

Wasn't so much his willingness to track back that impressed but how he calmly dealt with any defensive situation.

And yes I am usually pleased with Navas' work-rate.

Lucky Toma said:
The rags' grievance seems to centre on Oliver's refusal to dish out yellows for Zaba and Fernando early on - which would have resulted in dismissals for either later on.

The stupid fuckers don't seem to appreciate that Oliver patently went into the game with a strategy not to get his book out in the opening 25 minutes unless there was anything malicious. That way he could avoid a card-fest and - ironically - limit the chances of a 11 v 10 too early on.
It was the only decent thing he did yesterday.

After the 25 min mark - and obviously frustrated with the raft of poor challenges made by both sides - he started booking players.

Our lot were savvy enough to realise this. As soon as the first yellow was produced they started to stay on their feet, tackled with more caution. Was encouraging to see the boys use some astute match management.

Van Gaal was right to state that Smalling was 'stupid' but the same could be said of several of his team-mates too.

I've just made a very similar point in the Pellegrini thread: Unilike United we were controlled and intelligent in our aggression. It was really encouraging. Players like Vinny and Zab can occasionally get over-committed in big games like this and give silly cards/fouls away. You could say that cost them the game.

cleavers said:
malg said:
sir baconface said:
A plea to Blues this morning. Be magnaminous in victory and sympathetic to the sensitivities of our friends in red.
To be honest, I do that anyway. I won't say anything today, I'll wait for their opening gambit then play it from there. Magnanimous is the way ahead.
Always do this, they absolutely hate waiting, and usually have to initiate a conversation to get it out of the way.
Not heard a peep from them this morning and even if I do, nothing hurts them more than when I say I'd love to chat but I'm a bit busy. It fuckin kills them when they see how un-elated I am when we win because it shows how little importance they have become in the big scheme of things.

Also loved Wio's tweet about hating to see Kidd jumping about after we'd scored. Kidd started life as a Blue, turned to the dark side as a kid, but I reckon he'll end his days as a Blue and a rare legend on both sides of the divide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.