Derby Post Match

Re: NEW FLASH! The Premier League Have Just Awarded United..

james1910 said:
midd table rubbish trying to find something good out off yet another lost!!!!!
oldest thing going try and take away from the short comings and highlight the good!!!
bad luck rags you got beat again! lol
these days your just 3 points to city now days lol

Yet if you were to read the posts from their fans, they played a blinder today, and were unlucky to get beat.

Remember, this is Manchester United, the biggest club in the World, currently 9th in the table, 13 points behind Chelsea, 9 points behind Southampton, and 7 points behind City, who were lucky to win today. ;-)

Has anyone mentioned that Luis has made a worse start than Moyes as United Manager?

Still a 1-0 defeat at the Champions, isn't a bad result after all.

Re: NEW FLASH! The Premier League Have Just Awarded United..

jrb said:
james1910 said:
midd table rubbish trying to find something good out off yet another lost!!!!!
oldest thing going try and take away from the short comings and highlight the good!!!
bad luck rags you got beat again! lol
these days your just 3 points to city now days lol

Yet if you were to read the posts from their fans, they played a blinder today, and were unlucky to get beat.

Remember, this is Manchester United, the biggest club in the World, currently 9th in the table, 13 points behind Chelsea, 9 points behind Southampton, and 7 points behind City, who were lucky to win today. ;-)

Has anyone mentioned that Luis has made a worse start than Moyes as United Manager?

Still a 1-0 defeat at the Champions, isn't a bad result after all.
yes i know and i've got talkshite on now and its funny as hell!!!
its just funny how there trying to turn it into a plus!

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
To be fair Jimmy seemed to be holding his leg before coming off, agree about Clichy though and Yaya stepped up in Silva's absence. To say Pellegrini got it wrong is ludicsrous, on another day we could have had 7 or 8. Navas hit the post, De Gea saved a couple of certain goals and lets be honest, the ref missed 3 penalties

I know what you're saying mate we could have been 3 up when he made his subs, but we weren't.

If Jimmy was injured then fair enough but in that case it should have been Jimmy and jovetic off for nasri and fernandinho and pushing Yaya just behind aguero.

The reason aguero was so pissed off was cause he had to come off cause Pellegrini had brought Dzeko on who made absolutely no impact what so ever, when Sergio would have pulled their defence apart in last 20 minutes.

He had the crowd behind the team when we scored and we should have gone on from there, he made those 3 points a lot more difficult that they should have been.

I don't understand this though. Pellegrini seemingly can't win because literally whatever he does, whether he sticks or twists, changes things or doesn't change things, he's consistently getting slagged off for it at present and nobody seems to take the bigger picture into account. We have another huge game on Wednesday.

Dzeko was a sub in the demolition derby - remember his impact then? United were down to 10 men that day too. Yes he's in poor form but he's still a City player and still a top striker.

To just totally ignore the players own panic and inability to keep the ball and to begin making stupid decisions when on the ball, and blame all the pressure we faced in the last 20 on the manager is poor in my opinion.

Especially after we've been on a bad run of form and when so many before the game had pretty much given up the ghost on the basis Silva was out.
The difference being, we were in the ascendency with the game all but won, today although wewere in complete control at that point the result was still very much in the balance.

Dribble said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Dribble said:
Three points are three points, but this is the first time we've ever won a derby and I wasn't bouncing around like a lunatic in celebration. When the whistle went I was just sat there in silence with an empty feeling inside like many around me. If anything has shown there is something seriously wrong with us this season, today's match proved it.

We weren't playing well to start with but at least we assumed a semblance of control once they went down to ten men. After the break we started to look like our old selves and then we went a goal ahead and had ManUre on the rack. So can someone please tell me why we took Milner and Jovetic off and later Aguero?

On the plus side Fernando played well as did Jimmy, Aguero, Jovetic and Aguero. Yaya again proved today that he is no longer suited (if he ever was) to a two man midfield as he just doesn't have the energy required. An ordinary ManUre side made us look ordinary today and as it stands I only have one priority this season and that is a top 3 finish.

We've lost that fear factor and the control of matches we used to have and nthat nervousness seems to be weighing heavily on the players and now its seems to have transmitted itself to the fans. The only saving grace is that even though ee have started the season poorly imho, we're still in the top 3 and within striking distance of the Chavs.

That's drivel dibble..
Opinions are like aresholes, everyone is entitled to one including you cry baby. :-)

Before they went down to 10 men and after Milner went off, our performance was below what I've become used to over the last 3 years. Every team has a blip, but at what point does that blip start to turn into a trend? I suppose that my feelings today aren't just about today, its a genuine concern regarding our performances this season so far.

We've lost derbies where we've performed better than today imho, but after our recent malaise I was more upbeat about our performance mid-match than I have been for a while. BUT there was a crucial point in the match where we were in complete control and I could sense the confidence flowing back into the team, so why it was decided to take Jovetic and in particular Milner off is puzzling me even now as this completely changed the dynamic of the game just as I feared it would when I saw the substitution boards go up.

As someone said previously, bringing Dzeko on was akin to us evening up the numbers for all the use he was. In my opinion, what we needed was to continue as we were and start to rebuild our teams confidence and swaggering control. For me the opportunity was lost the moment we made those substitutions and was made worse when we had to take Aguero off leaving Dzeko as our only recognised striker.

So in summary, if you're happy with how things are going, bully for you. My initial post wasn't purely about today, it was more a reaction to how our season is going and my concern as to where it may end up if we don't improve soon. The first 30 minutes and last 20 did nothing to ease my growing concerns.

I saw Milner stretching his leg out midway through the second half. Obviously in some discomfort. That may explain his substitution.

Even without our play maker, by and large we were the superior team. More clinical finishing and if the ref would have done his job, it would have been a lot more comfortable.

After a rocky run of games, we've kept a clean sheet against one of the best forward lines in the division and won the game.

Manx Blue said:
I'm a partisan Blue as the next man woman or child, but I thought the officiating this afternoon for both sides was shocking.

To kick off with, Fellaini got away with murder, kicking pretty much anything like a mule. Personally I thought Smalling's first booking was harsh, on the basis of what Fellaini was getting up to and a "totting up" procedure. I think he had a challenge for a free kick just prior to that, but whilst it was a free kick, I don't think it was a yellow. from that he was obviously sent off.

Someone needs a word with Michael Oliver, because he obviously feels he can't send more that two people off, as that would be unfair! Similarly, I'm surprised he didn't book Serge for diving, because how he refrained from giving a spot kicks on at least 3 occasions is unbelievable.

A good performance for 60-65 minutes, but the result was worth far more than just a good performance in terms of picking up morale.
Smallings first booking was harsh? It's the rules, has been for years which is why you don't see anyone other than exceptionally thick twats do it.

Just watched the highlights and the ref saved them from a mauling. We would have been out of sight in the last twenty instead of suffering with the nerves. Shouldn't criticise us in anyway in the circumstances.

Hamann Pineapple said:
vrzdxz.jpg

Weak ref and this proved it.

Surprised nothing more has been made about it. If it had been shrek we'd be demanding action.

We beat the rags again with a wobble but hopefully that will be the end of it and we'll get a run together.

Mixture of relief, elation and fury. Relief that we hung on, elation that we hung on to win and fucking furious that we had to hang on. That was a total bottle job and bottle jobs don't win titles. The subs totally cut us off at the knees. You just don't take off two willing runners for two that don't for whatever reason. One maybe you can get away with but two fuck me. We made a 10 man bang average team look like fucking world beaters.

Good win, nervous last 15 minutes, with our penaltys it wouldn't have been!
Not even referee Rooney could help them today, though he tried.
Great atmosphere today and 3 points.

Blue Punter said:
Dribble said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
That's drivel dibble..
Opinions are like aresholes, everyone is entitled to one including you cry baby. :-)

Before they went down to 10 men and after Milner went off, our performance was below what I've become used to over the last 3 years. Every team has a blip, but at what point does that blip start to turn into a trend? I suppose that my feelings today aren't just about today, its a genuine concern regarding our performances this season so far.

We've lost derbies where we've performed better than today imho, but after our recent malaise I was more upbeat about our performance mid-match than I have been for a while. BUT there was a crucial point in the match where we were in complete control and I could sense the confidence flowing back into the team, so why it was decided to take Jovetic and in particular Milner off is puzzling me even now as this completely changed the dynamic of the game just as I feared it would when I saw the substitution boards go up.

As someone said previously, bringing Dzeko on was akin to us evening up the numbers for all the use he was. In my opinion, what we needed was to continue as we were and start to rebuild our teams confidence and swaggering control. For me the opportunity was lost the moment we made those substitutions and was made worse when we had to take Aguero off leaving Dzeko as our only recognised striker.

So in summary, if you're happy with how things are going, bully for you. My initial post wasn't purely about today, it was more a reaction to how our season is going and my concern as to where it may end up if we don't improve soon. The first 30 minutes and last 20 did nothing to ease my growing concerns.

I saw Milner stretching his leg out midway through the second half. Obviously in some discomfort. That may explain his substitution.

Even without our play maker, by and large we were the superior team. More clinical finishing and if the ref would have done his job, it would have been a lot more comfortable.

After a rocky run of games, we've kept a clean sheet against one of the best forward lines in the division and won the game.
Oh blue punter please stop talking sense for gods sake. Didnt you know? Pellers is crap and should be sacked for subbing an injured player. Get with the programme ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.