Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a funny feeling were going to see a repeat of that amazing day.
This time like that game is after the same amount of games.
If we win we will be 5 points in front of them at the top of the league.
The game before that we scored 5 against spurs.
We obviously scored 5 at weekend.
What odds on 6 . 1 again
Around about the same time of the month too... You could be on to something here :)

Guys a word of caution
Im not so sure wether this will be a hammering as some pf you are making out
Yes we play the better football but those bastards always seem to have a strpke of luck somewhere along the line
Just saying lets not be over confident
I hope to high heaven we shut giggs lvg and the rest of them ip on sunday
It may be a bit more harder without kun and merlin though (this keyboard is crap)

There's always a lot of bravado before a derby. It's clearly going to be an extremely difficult game, especially without Silva, Aguero, Clichy, Kolarov, Nasri and Delph. I'd be more than happy with a point.

I have no degree of confidence that City will win on Sunday for pretty much every reason - injuries, Rooney finally remembering he's a footballer, de Gea having a blinder, linesmen not remembering what offside is, Fellaini having carte blanche.

But then again, I never do expect to beat the swampdonkeys.

One thing I am aware of, if Utd win, it'll be the best victory known to man (and Sky's commentator will need new trousers); if City win, it'll be because we're megarich big-spending football-ruining City, and because Utd's left back is injured.

United lack experience and have less top-grade quality than us.

Regardless, they will have organisation and won't be lacking for motivation. They played without width at the weekend to give themselves more of a solid base.

I'm sorry, but those who believe we are going on to the pitch this Sunday in a superior fashion are kidding themselves. There is very little to choose between the two sides presently set up and it will come down to who has the smarter tactics and those few players who can do something out of the ordinary.

As stated previously, their trip to Moscow might play to our advantage, but in this instance, we might need to play the occasion rather than the match, and fight to put the game out of sight inside the first half.

The longer the game goes, the more we leave ourselves open to a hard-luck story.

we need to be three or four goals up going in to added time for me to have any faith that we'll win... Do I go in to the scumbag-infested local to watch it or cower behind the sofa?...

You have to go on to the pitch believing you are the better team but knowing you will have to be disciplined and work hard to prove that. Nothing wrong with confidence at all, as long as its not mixed with complacency.

Think we'll need to score at least 3 to win. Our defending is not great at the moment. And if Utd play as compact as at the weekend, we will have to play very well to break them down without Silva and Aguero. I can see it being 2-2

There's always a lot of bravado before a derby. It's clearly going to be an extremely difficult game, especially without Silva, Aguero, Clichy, Kolarov, Nasri and Delph. I'd be more than happy with a point.
Is Silva definitely out for Sunday? I presume so but they seeme da bit cagey about his return date.

United lack experience and have less top-grade quality than us.

Regardless, they will have organisation and won't be lacking for motivation. They played without width at the weekend to give themselves more of a solid base.

I'm sorry, but those who believe we are going on to the pitch this Sunday in a superior fashion are kidding themselves. There is very little to choose between the two sides presently set up and it will come down to who has the smarter tactics and those few players who can do something out of the ordinary.

As stated previously, their trip to Moscow might play to our advantage, but in this instance, we might need to play the occasion rather than the match, and fight to put the game out of sight inside the first half.

The longer the game goes, the more we leave ourselves open to a hard-luck story.

This always. Even when we were shite I always felt we had a chance in a derbygame because it's a derby and in a derby it's hardly ever the qualityside that wins things.
Them lot seems pretty comfortable at home. A win would be a huge bonus for several reasons. The fantastic feeling afterwards tops it everytime whenever we play them no matter the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.