Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be tempted to throw Nacho in. He has pace, passion and desire and would love to show the pundits he's not the only new kid on the block. I would rest Zaba for this one as he isn't yet fully at the races and we need everyone on their game for his one.

If pellegrini doesn't start vinny then he's turning as stubborn as Bobby Manc did and look how that turned out!! Fucking gutted Merlin, kun and Delph are injured as if we had been at full strength we would smash these bastards but I can only see a rag win at the swamp unfortunately!! Sorry boys but I don't think we have the firepower and guile to do these lot at the minute. Would settle for a point right now to be honest.

Hart
Sagna
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
De Bruyne
Navas
Sterling

Would be my team.

If Vinnie doesn't start, I don't think it will be for petty reasons as you suggest. Hopefully he does start though (assuming 100% fit)

Turtle head says we are favourites - I wouldn't be happy if Peller's said anyone was favourites at our ground. LVG making excuses already he's obviously cr*pping himself.

Other than the Everton game they have grinded some results but have looked extremely average to me. If we defend well we'll win if we gift goals away like against Spuds we'll lose.

I hope pellers isn't to cocky and goes 442

Sorry boys but I don't think we have the firepower and guile to do these lot at the minute. Would settle for a point right now to be honest.

What on earth makes you think that? Guile very much depends on the day and the setup, but as for firepower, lets' take Aguero out of the equation for a minute....

PL Goalscorers...

Sterling 4
KDB 3
Bony 2
Fernandinho 2
Kompany 2
Silva 1
Iheanacho 1
Kolarov 1
Nasri 1
Toure 1

Vs...

Whatsisname 3
Mata 3
Herrera 2 (1 of which was a pen.)
Rooney 2
Blind 1
Depay 1
Schneiderlin 1

We're certainly not being surpassed by the rags in the firepower stakes. 18 goals from our lads without Aguero included, vs 13 goals from the rags.

*The rags goal count includes their best strikers.

Why don't people want bony to start? He's looking as if he's settled in and is starting to adapt our style and his attributes like holding up the ball well for the likes of sterling, de bruyne and yaya.

Vinnie has to start tbh, but i have a feeling that he'll be benched and brought on if we're in the shit.

Not confident into going into this, the swamp is a hard place to get a result nowerdays under the turtle, they rarely lose at home anymore.....better home record than us tbf this season and the back end of last.

I"d be more than happy with a point but i dont have a good feeling for Sunday, hope i'm wrong tho! Sorry guys i'm just not looking forward to this.

I think there's a question of temperament, as well as fitness, to take into account. Zab doesn't look right, but he truly loves the derby. Sometimes think he lives for it. Same for Vinny. I'd pick them both, no question.

We've not been screwed over by a ref for a while, and Clattenburg hasn't been in the media for a bit either. Got a feeling both of those will change come Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.