Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may do as I don't see any change in our tactics to play to his strengths. His hold up play is great but unless I'm mistaken he was better at Swansea without his back to goal and storming defenses on to through balls.

I guess however that's difficult when we come up against teams with 10 men behind the ball.
Interesting you say that, whenever I saw him for Swansea, he held the ball up whilst the likes of Routledge, Dyer and Montero went beyond him. He then laid the ball off before looking to get on the end of a cross of pull back in the box.

No reason we can't do the same with Navas and Sterling running beyond him and De Bruyne in the hole supporting.

Got a feeling there's going to be another fire drill on Sunday, to see if the rags can empty the swamp quicker than last tme.

We might as well play with a man down if we play Bony. He is a liability and just a big oaf. I would play Nacho before Bony,

The problem with that team is not that Bony is playing, it's that Yaya is in a two man midfield. Fernando has to start alongside Fernandinho with Yaya between them when we don't have the ball and ahead of them when we do. Bony on the bench and Sterling or KDB up top.

Regardless of the result, it's been crying out for both Fernando and Fernandinho, with Yaya further upfield. We're too open with the current formation, and look disjointed.
Also, the better teams are able to bypass our high defensive line. We might have conceded a few offside goals, but we've also benefited from a few that shouldn't have been flagged.

Interesting you say that, whenever I saw him for Swansea, he held the ball up whilst the likes of Routledge, Dyer and Montero went beyond him. He then laid the ball off before looking to get on the end of a cross of pull back in the box.

No reason we can't do the same with Navas and Sterling running beyond him and De Bruyne in the hole supporting.

You're probably right. I only ever saw him on Motd.

Toure as part of a two man midfield is clearly a problem, but I can't recall many occasions when playing Fernando, Fernandinho and Toure together has worked particularly well either. It was catastrophic away at Spurs recently.

It's one of those things that's great in theory, but less good in reality. Not really sure what the solution is though to be honest. It seems highly improbable that Toure will be left out on Sunday, particularly with Silva and Aguero missing.

I suspect Pellegrini will persevere with Toure and Fernandinho in central midfield, and hope that it comes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.