Devastated

I feel your pain brother. My eldest, aged 6, has began to lean towards the dark side. From an early age he declared his favourite colour was red. On another occasion he was questioned about his favourite city player by a friend, and unfortunately his response was "the red one". Recently his friend knocked on the door and overheard conversation surrounding football. The volume soon turned into whispers, and yes, the words every father never wishes to hear we're audible -' I like city and united but don't tell my dad'.

Now, every child loves a toy fight. I'm thinking I can use this for a steady escalation - perhaps biffa bacon styleee.
On the up side, my youngest aks me daily 'what score did city win'.

Think I'll have to spread more of my seed so he becomes an insignificant % of my offspring.

Why do you speak about him as if hes still your son ? hes asked to go hes made his choice say your goodbyes <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefca.co.uk/foster-in-your-area/greater-manchester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefca.co.uk/foster-in-your- ... anchester/</a>

Quite simple,don't let him go.I wouldn't let mine,even if they fuckin begged.Which they wouldn't by the way.

themadinventor said:
I got custody of my son when he was 9, as a final act of spite his mother made sure during the 6 years I didn't see him that he was a Utd fan, after everything that had happened between me and her this was without doubt the most spiteful thing she did.

I told her years later that all she did was hurt him because we have never been to a match together, I would never step foot in that place and he would never go to City, we both love football and have never stood/sat together on the terraces, we thought about going to England games so we could cheer the same team....but really what's the point with so little cheer about..............by the way he's 24 now and has a son, they are both reds....I'll never forgive her for that

What a fucking horrible sounding woman.

My lad was brainwashed by the rag faction of my family when he was about 4. They'd (and I'm talking grown men) buy him United presents and tell him that if he supported City, the other kids at school would laugh at him and he'd have no friends. It worked for a while and for one of his birthdays, he asked me to take him to Old Trafford.

I got two cheap tickets off a mate of mine in the Stretford End upper for a cup match against Tottenham but told my lad that he had to go to City with me as part of the deal. I refused point blank to take my City badges off my coat and when Ronaldo opened the scoring, stayed firmly in my seat. A few mongs around us asked what was my problem, I told them I couldn't fucking stand their club but my lad wanted to go and was too young to go on his own.

I then took him to City and he said although United had the better team, the atmosphere was better at City and he'd enjoyed it far more (even though United had won and City lost to Chelsea).

A year later, I took him to City v Blackburn and told a few blues of my predicament outside the Cornershop pub. They were as sound as a pound with him, telling him what an adventure it is being a City fan and having a brain of your own. By the time we set off for the ground, they'd made a deal with him that if Robinho scored that day, he had to be a blue for life. The Brazilian will always have a little place in my heart after opening the scoring. My lad has been true to his word and is City through and through.

See it through and let him go. Don't be the unreasonable Dad. Just talk to him about the journey you've been on as a City fan and how winning the league means far more to us than it does them because of our past.

mcmanus said:
^^^ Shit pal my mam's side of the family is big and all fucking reds and sound a lot like yours. My dad won after leaving it up to me. Sister choose the right path too.

It hurt like fuck for a year or two but I played the long game and showed him the light. He came out the other side and stood next to me at Wembley in the semi final in 2011. We've been all over watching City now and he puts all the rags in his class in their place because he simply knows more about football than them.

Kev has it bob on here... my memories as a kid were related to the "event" of going to Maine rd, meeting Family friends and talking to them about supporting city, what it meant etc.... whereas my memory of going to watch a match at the swamp was bland, sat amongst random people with no atmosphere.

Can't beat the tribalism of going to away matches as well.

citykev28 said:
mcmanus said:
^^^ Shit pal my mam's side of the family is big and all fucking reds and sound a lot like yours. My dad won after leaving it up to me. Sister choose the right path too.

It hurt like fuck for a year or two but I played the long game and showed him the light. He came out the other side and stood next to me at Wembley in the semi final in 2011. We've been all over watching City now and he puts all the rags in his class in their place because he simply knows more about football than them.

Even when visiting my dad's side of the family in London when I was 6 my uncle took me for an ice cream and I also came back with a manyoo shirt. My dad just played it cool. Then told me my mum had shrunk it in the wash and best not to mention it because everyone makes mistakes. I think he burnt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.