Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

Agree with all of that. However, one of Burnham’s main pledges before he got elected, was to sort out the homeless problem in Manchester. It has demonstrably worsened since he took office.
Which isn’t surprising when you factor in all of the cut backs plus other issues that have gone on over the past 14 years.

Which isn’t surprising when you factor in all of the cut backs plus other issues that have gone on over the past 14 years.
As I say: excuses. It’s very easy to blame someone else. He’s in office. That’s his job. He has demonstrably failed. He’s all talk and image. The sooner he fucks off back to the Labour Party now they are in power (and he will) the better.

I'm still waiting for the grifter to solve the homeless crisis in Manchester, there are more and more beggars on the street and Piccadilly gardens resembles an open air mental ward.

I got back from Valencia a few weeks ago...it was nearly as bad there! Certainly the beggars anyway, got cursed by a gypsy woman (who must have been at least 80) who we refused after she shoved her hand under our faces. I was flying back the next day and I'm a nervous flyer.....so "thanks, love!"

It was every 10 minutes with them, especially when sat outside.
I hate that people feel the need to beg, but it's hard to identify when someone is genuine and when someone isn't.

I did "give" on a couple of occasions but I can't do it every time

I got back from Valencia a few weeks ago...it was nearly as bad there! Certainly the beggars anyway, got cursed by a gypsy woman (who must have been at least 80) who we refused after she shoved her hand under our faces. I was flying back the next day and I'm a nervous flyer.....so "thanks, love!"

It was every 10 minutes with them, especially when sat outside.
I hate that people feel the need to beg, but it's hard to identify when someone is genuine and when someone isn't.

I did "give" on a couple of occasions but I can't do it every time

Thessaloniki was insane for it when I went to watch us play Aris, was full of the beggars with mad broken legs sat on skateboards the ones gangsters create. Begging is a business for criminals and it's very hard to tell who is genuine.

Thessaloniki was insane for it when I went to watch us play Aris, was full of the beggars with mad broken legs sat on skateboards the ones gangsters create. Begging is a business for criminals and it's very hard to tell who is genuine.
Certainly is.
I really noticed an increase in it this year...did you as well?

Certainly is.
I really noticed an increase in it this year...did you as well?
I've not been to town for over a year now, if I go to a city centre it's normally Chester, find it to be a more pleasant experience! Town looks like the set of a post apocalyptic zombie film and has plenty of nutters roaming about who should be sectioned.

Reactions: PPT
I've not been to town for over a year now, if I go to a city centre it's normally Chester, find it to be a more pleasant experience! Town looks like the set of a post apocalyptic zombie film and has plenty of nutters roaming about who should be sectioned.
Very true! However, I think they actually try and contain it to the area around Picc Gardens. Which is a shame because it used to be lovely there;pre 1980s!
It's bloody awful that people are so "lost" but they have always been around

As I say: excuses. It’s very easy to blame someone else. He’s in office. That’s his job. He has demonstrably failed. He’s all talk and image. The sooner he fucks off back to the Labour Party now they are in power (and he will) the better.

For the last 14 years there has been a reducing of councils budgets under the conservative governments austerity policy, plus Brexit, Covid and the war in the Ukraine. Anyone who doesn’t realise that this country is financially fucked is a moron and is letting political blindness get in the way of their thought process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.