Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

For the last 14 years there has been a reducing of councils budgets under the conservative governments austerity policy, plus Brexit, Covid and the war in the Ukraine. Anyone who doesn’t realise that this country is financially fucked is a moron and is letting political blindness get in the way of their thought process.
Covid and the war have only happened in the last 6 years. Anyone who believes Burnham is doing a good job is a total and utter moron. Take the walk from Piccadilly Station to the Arndale on Saturday morning and get back to me. It’s an absolute disaster. It’s like being in a sci-fi movie. Burnham is complete and total fake on every level. A career politician and nothing else.

Covid and the war have only happened in the last 6 years. Anyone who believes Burnham is doing a good job is a total and utter moron. Take the walk from Piccadilly Station to the Arndale on Saturday morning and get back to me. It’s an absolute disaster. It’s like being in a sci-fi movie. Burnham is complete and total fake on every level. A career politician and nothing else.

Looks like it only affected Manchester, we should be ashamed but people just wont admit it. If it was a Tory Mayor who allowed this decline they'd be nailing him to a wall and rightly so.

So no difference between running a business or a charity. I agree.

@Mr Kobayashi was the one saying those who succeeded in business do not obviously make good “politicians” because of this so having a background in government or unions would be a better fit in his view. Timpson is an example of someone without this direct political experience (although I’d argue unions don’t fit either) so I was merely asking if he thought it was a good appointment under his frame of reference.

Hopefully it’s clear now.

I did include Timpson as a good appointment because of his extracurricular activities around Prisons rather than him running a business in an earlier draft but took it out for the sake of brevity and because I wasn't arsed enough to spend time articulating the point.

People who have worked in unions are always good candidates for local government or central (if we are solely focusing on experience and not character or personality) they've seen shite employers and shite employees taking the piss and they should know the issues that need raising on behalf of working people and making employment law and protections achieve the objectives they were brought in for.

Last edited:
The rubbish and general filth in the city centre leaves a lot to be desired. It's even worse just beyond the city centre. I dont see why that cant be improved massively with regular street cleaning improvements?

The homeless situation is shameful but that occurs sadly in many big Cities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.