Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

Covid and the war have only happened in the last 6 years. Anyone who believes Burnham is doing a good job is a total and utter moron. Take the walk from Piccadilly Station to the Arndale on Saturday morning and get back to me. It’s an absolute disaster. It’s like being in a sci-fi movie. Burnham is complete and total fake on every level. A career politician and nothing else.

Piccadilly has been a dump for at least 40 years. I no longer live in Manchester so I don't really have much of an opinion about Andy Burnham (as an MP, I didn't like him) so I have no bias here but what solutions are available to him to improve Piccadilly? I am not aware of his powers or budget limitations but may be you do so you can explain how he is failing rather than simply claiming he is doing a bad job.

Piccadilly has been a dump for at least 40 years. I no longer live in Manchester so I don't really have much of an opinion about Andy Burnham (as an MP, I didn't like him) so I have no bias here but what solutions are available to him to improve Piccadilly? I am not aware of his powers or budget limitations but may be you do so you can explain how he is failing rather than simply claiming he is doing a bad job.
As I said previously. Get off the train at Piccadilly Station and walk down to the Armadale on a Saturday morning and that will clearly explain how he is failing. It is genuinely scary.

The gardens is and always has been a shithole however there’s the area around the corn exchange, spinning fields that are quite nice.
All major cities have awful areas.

Bring back the old style Piccadilly Gardens. They were a credit to Manchester and beautifully kept. However that was a very long time ago. When we had majestic buildings. :-)

We should genuinely start by doing something about the open air prison yard which used to be piccadilly gardens, we should be doing that before we put in another single fancy building or vanity project transport initiative.

IMHO of course.

As I said previously. Get off the train at Piccadilly Station and walk down to the Armadale on a Saturday morning and that will clearly explain how he is failing. It is genuinely scary.

Mayors have limited powers, to be fair.

It depends what your complaint is. If it is street scene, then that is MCC. Unsavoury individuals and drug use is combined MCC/GMP. All of these have funding implications. Taking into account that around 70% of all council spending pre-2010 was social care and education but councils have had funding cuts by c40%, I am not sure what they can do. If it is any consolation, street scene has declined across the country.

Bring back the old style Piccadilly Gardens. They were a credit to Manchester and beautifully kept. However that was a very long time ago. When we had majestic buildings. :-)
yeah except leave out the tramps drinking meths, the birdshit and the piss smelling bus shelters.

Piccadilly was great for scrapping with reds and robo cops though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.