Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

Piccadilly has been a dump for at least 40 years. I no longer live in Manchester so I don't really have much of an opinion about Andy Burnham (as an MP, I didn't like him) so I have no bias here but what solutions are available to him to improve Piccadilly? I am not aware of his powers or budget limitations but may be you do so you can explain how he is failing rather than simply claiming he is doing a bad job.

The proposals to redevelop Piccadilly Gardens have still not been made public yet after years. The plans are still with the architectural teams that have been chosen to redevelop the gardens.

However, parts of the dreaded Berlin Wall that block one side of Piccadilly gardens are being demolished and redeveloped now.

Piccadilly Gardens is still a shit hole with a gangs selling drugs, etc, even after numerous Police crack downs to clean up Piccadilly Gardens.

The person who’s in-charge of Piccadilly Gardens is Manchester Councillor Pat Karney. He’s in-charge of the city centre. Or is supposed to be.

For pictures and more information click on the link and scroll down the page.

Much of Piccadilly Garden, top end of Market street & High Street and lower Oldham Street which meets Picadilly gardens is still a remnant of when Manchester wasn't doing too well back in the 80's.
Sachas hotel (and Britannia owned by the same crew) is a fucking state.
However, much of the rest of the city is light years ahead of other cities (and we shouldn't forge that).

Piccadilly Gardens. To think they sold part of the land to fund what's has been a bit of a failure is saddening.
No.1 Picc gardens isn't a bad building per se but shouldn't have been built.

Imagine the original gardens (and they had seen better days) had waited for the same treatment St Peter's Square and Albert Square have been given?

What's everyone's views on 'Sunley/Piccadilly tower and the hotel/podium?
Not in a the greatest of shapes but will that brutalism eventually settle into something generations will admire, or is it doomed to demolition (when something major is planned for the area?)

Piccadilly Gardens is still a shit hole with a gangs selling drugs, etc, even after numerous Police crack downs to clean up Piccadilly Gardens.

Yup it most certainly is, it would be nice for a politician to get that part of the city centre right mate.

A Devolution bill for England confirmed.

Looks like they want the Burnham model to run bus services throughout the country.
F##kin great for the country, when they can manage the maths.

The £2 bus fare that he claimed as his own was always a central government funded project nationwide.

Meanwhile, before his Bee Network came in the bossladys monthly buss pass for work was £65 per month, it is now £85. That on its own would be a 30.77% rise.

However the pass is now for 28 days instead of a month, which means he gets an extra payment per year, so a rise from £780 per year to £1105. A rise of 41.67%. Well done Andy, and Kier for following his example !

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.