Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

HS2 to Manchester will not be reversed, but Manchester will get a new Piccadilly Station, which I think will be underground like or similar to the proposed HS2 station.

And from there in the future there could be a new underground system across the city centre? Of course that's me just guessing that bit.

It's clear that Burnham, Bev Craig and Gtr Manchester have been working behind the scenes with the new Labour Government for sometime on future plans for Gtr Manchester

• Rishi Sunak’s decision to cancel the second phase of HS2 from Crewe to Manchester will not be reversed. Instead, Labour is “repurposing the…bill to provide powers to construct and operate rail projects which improve east to west connectivity across the North of England,” opening the way for Northern Powerhouse Rail from Liverpool to Leeds
1721223716564.png

Bring back the old style Piccadilly Gardens. They were a credit to Manchester and beautifoneuwhlat wasly kept. However that was a very long time ago. When we had majestic buildings. :-)
No crime during the day a place where office/shop workers could relax read the paper or contemplate the scenery we had one tramp near TiB street rarely seen during the day picking up cig ends and some shop lifting
We can’t put the clock back we’ve created another tier of government, brought about by successive governments knocking down what was once a great city.

I see the Mayor as holding another unwelcome tier of government we have to pay for through tax and rates. The tram system ripped up the roads and replaced the Central bus station plus train stations Central and Exchange and Mayfield, we are left with Piccadilly a hive of iniquity in central Manchester
What’s left is nothing like London or even Liverpool unless people shout loud about the state of the City nothing will be done. They even closed off the monuments to the Polish soldiers of the Second World War in St Peter’s Square all over the city all have disappeared our parents bought all those monuments and paid forthe public buildings it’s all been destroyed imo the council and the mayor are responsible for it.

Underground Manchester already exists as part of the old telephone network, the main tunnel already exists from Ardwick down to Salford Chapel street instead of developing it
The council ripped up the roads in favour of what we have now.

No crime during the day a place where office/shop workers could relax read the paper or contemplate the scenery we had one tramp near TiB street rarely seen during the day picking up cig ends and some shop lifting
We can’t put the clock back we’ve created another tier of government, brought about by successive governments knocking down what was once a great city.

I see the Mayor as holding another unwelcome tier of government we have to pay for through tax and rates. The tram system ripped up the roads and replaced the Central bus station plus train stations Central and Exchange and Mayfield, we are left with Piccadilly a hive of iniquity in central Manchester
What’s left is nothing like London or even Liverpool unless people shout loud about the state of the City nothing will be done. They even closed off the monuments to the Polish soldiers of the Second World War in St Peter’s Square all over the city all have disappeared our parents bought all those monuments and paid forthe public buildings it’s all been destroyed imo the council and the mayor are responsible for it.

You got rose tinted glasses mate ... I can remember heroin addicts shitting in full view in the gardens when they looked as portrayed in that video. I can remember going to work one saturday morning and seeing a naked bloke chained to the railings after his stag do.

True the tram system ripped up the roads but to be fair the buses weren't going anywhere due to the increase in traffic and trams were the way forward.

As for monuments ... I dont know... they relocated Abe Lincolns statue and the Cenotaph so I don't see why they would remove / destroy any others ... are you sure that they haven't just been moved?

HS2 to Manchester will not be reversed, but Manchester will get a new Piccadilly Station, which I think will be underground like or similar to the proposed HS2 station.

And from there in the future there could be a new underground system across the city centre? Of course that's me just guessing that bit.

It's clear that Burnham, Bev Craig and Gtr Manchester have been working behind the scenes with the new Labour Government for sometime on future plans for Gtr Manchester

• Rishi Sunak’s decision to cancel the second phase of HS2 from Crewe to Manchester will not be reversed. Instead, Labour is “repurposing the…bill to provide powers to construct and operate rail projects which improve east to west connectivity across the North of England,” opening the way for Northern Powerhouse Rail from Liverpool to Leeds
View attachment 125621
Future talk is cheap.............. His Bee network isn't. Why is there not questions being asked about the enormous price rises whilst Andy is telling us about reductions that were never his in the first place ?

Reactions: PPT

View attachment 125621
Let's hope it comes to fruition. Fingers crossed.

You got rose tinted glasses mate ... I can remember heroin addicts shitting in full view in the gardens when they looked as portrayed in that video. I can remember going to work one saturday morning and seeing a naked bloke chained to the railings after his stag do.

True the tram system ripped up the roads but to be fair the buses weren't going anywhere due to the increase in traffic and trams were the way forward.

As for monuments ... I dont know... they relocated Abe Lincolns statue and the Cenotaph so I don't see why they would remove / destroy any others ... are you sure that they haven't just been moved?
Which decade are you talking about? because the police moved on drug addicts I never knew drugs existed certainly not heroin or layabouts, never had rose coloured glasses either
All the statues for the First and Second World War are mothballed, including plaques from the buildings knocked down, Moved to make way for the tram system but we lost the green spaces from the centre of town, in favour of the tram overground instead of underground like in London.

Regional Devolution?
Just no on so many levels.
A massive expense for a talking shop.
Would also need a referendum and that can't happen for 25 years after the last attempt
(2004) so thats 2029 at the earliest.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_North_East_England_devolution_referendum
Representative bodies from Regional Councils to manage regional Inrastructure priorities and spending is all that is required.

View attachment 125621
Good news.
The rail infrastructure piece from Brum to Manc and Liverpool looks like quite a bit of track straightning will take place. Which is what it should have been in the first place to be honest - especially Stoke to Stafford which is dreadful to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.