Diabetes

Went for my check up last week. I asked the Dr if I could have a 6 monthly check as opposed to an annual check just so I could keep on top of it. Last time I'd come down from 53 to 48, about OK so I'm told. So far, weight up by 4 lbs, heart monitor good, prick test OK ( well it would be ), will know a bit more tomorrow afternoon, stay tuned.........

Just walked back from the drs, all OK as before except blood sugars are up from 48 to 49 and tri glycerides up also. Need to cut out the cakes apparently. Booked another test for 3 mths to try and bring it back, I dont really want to go on the statins as they send me stupid.

Sort your diet out and introduce some exercise,and you wont have to.

Sort your diet out and introduce some exercise,and you wont have to.

That is the general idea, I dont want medication if I can do it. Had a great chat with the nurse and it seems I'm rather partial to cakes. Too busy at work for lunch so I grab some cakes and eat on the hoof as they say. Get a reasonable amount of exercise, 4 dogs and a fairly manual job plus loads of decent walking country sees to that.
She did say that even though my cholesterol is down it is still highish and may be hereditary. I've booked in in 3 months to keep tabs on it .........

That is the general idea, I dont want medication if I can do it. Had a great chat with the nurse and it seems I'm rather partial to cakes. Too busy at work for lunch so I grab some cakes and eat on the hoof as they say. Get a reasonable amount of exercise, 4 dogs and a fairly manual job plus loads of decent walking country sees to that.
She did say that even though my cholesterol is down it is still highish and may be hereditary. I've booked in in 3 months to keep tabs on it .........

Pre plan - your health and old age will thank you.

Cook some grilled chicken,boil some eggs,take some almonds or a tin of mackerel,an apple or blueberries......loads of options - just not cake,there's no excuse other than greed.

My blood sugars have been running at 27 even after medication spoke to diabetic nurse who said I will need to go on insulin as I’ve tried every tablet and it’s not working. Decided to change my lifestyle just 3 days ago no white bread, no potatoes, no pasta, no sweetness in my tea etc, checked my blood last night 9.6 in range thought machine was broke. Checked this morning 10 in range that’s before my tablet today, can’t believe it here’s to losing 2/3 stone and feeling a lot better this year, so anyone struggling with diabetes if it’s working for me it can work for anyone believe me

My blood sugars have been running at 27 even after medication spoke to diabetic nurse who said I will need to go on insulin as I’ve tried every tablet and it’s not working. Decided to change my lifestyle just 3 days ago no white bread, no potatoes, no pasta, no sweetness in my tea etc, checked my blood last night 9.6 in range thought machine was broke. Checked this morning 10 in range that’s before my tablet today, can’t believe it here’s to losing 2/3 stone and feeling a lot better this year, so anyone struggling with diabetes if it’s working for me it can work for anyone believe me
Read this thread from the start. The same message from those of us who beat it. Cut out the carbs and you will be fine. Ive not taken a pill for two years and my glucose level is normal.

Just had a phone call from the diabetic nurse with my test reults...bloods fine, pulse and rate fine....sugars are down slightly and everything that should be down miraculously is down, I've put on 7lbs during lockdown. So all seems Ok but could be better. Cholesteral is down but she said I need to go on some different statins to keep it all OK. The last lot sent me dizzy so I stopped them, the second weaker lot did the same but over a longer period of time so these new ones are different, she does thinks maybe it might be hereditory and when asked about my erections I told her that under normal circumstances she would have to buy me a drink first, Oh how we laughed......

Pre plan - your health and old age will thank you.

Cook some grilled chicken,boil some eggs,take some almonds or a tin of mackerel,an apple or blueberries......loads of options - just not cake,there's no excuse other than greed.
Apples aren’t great for a diabetic, better than cake like but still...

If fruit you want low GI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.